Facebook Imposter?

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 08:00 am
Recently I have found out that someone has my same name, birth date and schools that I have graduated from on Facebook. Even the city that I live in. Should I report this even though they are not posting anything, they do not have any pictures of me, and they are not trying to contact anyone that I know? It does creep me out a little bit. Also, when I went to the FAQ page, I read that I needed a police report and a photo ID to send to Facebook. Would the police even get involved, or is there another way to report the person to Facebook without having to go through those steps? Is what they are doing illegal?
Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 631 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 09:13 am
@beachfeet,
There is always the possibility that they really are the same age as you, etc. People with rather common names run into this issue a lot.

But for the sake of argument, let's assume that that's not the case, and the intentions are actually sinister ones. The issue here is that you really have nothing happening except an unused profile and a vague "it creeps me out" feeling. The police aren't going to get involved until it gets a lot further along than that.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 04:09 pm
@beachfeet,
Facebook has a policy against using a false identity. I'd report it to them.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:16 pm
Most likely, it's a duplicate of your own!

Ignore it, It will go away from lack of activity.
0 Replies