confused...

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 06:10 pm
I have been in a relationship with my partner for a very long time. I relocated to a new address more than two years ago. My partner comes to my home every single night (Rain or Shine). If he decides that he can't come one night for whatever reason, he would not call to inform that he is unable to come... he just won't show up! What hurts me about this is the fact that he can come to my home at whatever time of the day (24 hours) unannounced and I have no clue as to where he lives.

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 06:41 pm
@todayisit,
Wait ... what?

You've been together for 2 years and you have no idea where this person lives?

This is a massive, burning, seventy-foot wide red flag. Whether he is married, closeted (from your use of the term partner, I am assuming you are two men in a relationship together), or God only knows what else, this is a pretty major piece of information to be withheld from you for a significant length of time.

What happens if you suggest something like, "Dave (or whatever his name is), let's mix it up and go to your place for a change?"

You have suggested something like that in the over 700 days you've been dating, right?

Uh, right?
chai2

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 08:04 pm
@jespah,
Maybe he's a spy or something. Didja ever consider that jes? Well?

Spys can't just go telling people where they live, or be held down to schedules and stuff.
0 Replies

todayisit

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 08:26 pm
@jespah,
Yes, this is right. I do not know. He brought me to a neighbourhood once and told me that this is the neighbourhood where he lives, but he is not allowed to take people to the house because he lives with his landlord and he does not think his landlord will be happy about him having someone over. He is 42 years old, and yes he does have a job.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 09:00 pm
@todayisit,
Yeah, the spy story would be next. You're way ahead of yourself, Chai - first came the landlord story.

Todayisit: I hope your name is an indication that today is the day you won't
put up with this bullshit any longer and wake up and smell the coffee.
How can you be so gullible and assume the guy is telling you the truth?

Either he invites you to his house tomorrow, or you send him packing. He's leading you on, big time, and you're a sucker - big time too!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 06:27 am
Witness protection.

Seriously, the guy's landlord is dictating his behaviors? That's an awesomely lame excuse.
chai2

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 06:49 am
@jespah,
I think his landlords name is Mrs. Boyfriend.
0 Replies