Watermelon ToothPaste and the Issue Of Race

engineer

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 06:14 am
@One Eyed Mind,
I'm sure through history that appeals to racism were used for cheap laughs. It is possible to be both a racist and a comedian or a comedian who know his audience is racist and knows where the laughs are. Unless you get the in-joke, those pictures are more confusing than funny. If you understand what you are looking at, the "humor" is apparent.
revelette2

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 07:42 am
Was the Syndicate aware of the change from watermelon toothpaste to raspberry toothpaste before publishing? If they were, what could have been their reasoning to stick with watermelon rather than as the editor suggested if not to get a rise as engineer said?

If raspberry was used, it would have been funny and people like engineer said would have focused on the lax job the Secret Service are serving the President rather than watermelon toothpaste.

Why isn't something being done about that situation? It is a disgrace and embarrassing as well as dangerous.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 07:51 am
@engineer,
You can't be a racist and a comedian.

Hate is the opposite of Love.

Laughter is Love.

Hate is Racism.

Again, name one person that can hate and make jokes about what they hate with a sense of humor. Name one, that's all I ask. Because you won't find one - why? My sociology > your sociology.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 13 Oct, 2014 07:00 pm
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 11:49 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

What would be punch line in the raspberry cartoon? Why would it even be funny?

Are you serious? The joke is supposed to be that the White House intruder got so far that he's in the president's bathtub. That's what's supposed to be funny, not the watermelon crack. That's just lagniappe. Sheesh. You didn't get it? And yet you accuse Miller of not getting it. Double sheeeesh.
Lustig Andrei

Sun 26 Oct, 2014 11:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Sorry. Posted that before reading all the posts intervening. I see the joke has already been explained by others.
0 Replies