Help Please! need to know the author

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 12:04 pm
Hi, I am trying to find out what is the name of the painting and who is an author
if its a famous painting of course if not then just a simple not a famous painting will be enough
http://i57.tinypic.com/2qtfswz.jpg

Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 12:25 pm
@pheerooz,
Have you looked through Picasso's works online?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 12:25 pm
I think you mean artist, not author.

I don't think it's a famous painting.

Is it a cubist Abraham Lincoln?
0 Replies

pheerooz

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 12:27 pm
@pheerooz,
yes i meant the artist, I looked almost all of Picasso's works. The website that I got it from called it Picasso - Mondigliani
but when i put that in google could not find it so I thought maybe its wrong
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 01:07 pm
@pheerooz,
I think it is labeled incorrectly. Here is the blog that it probably came from. It says this is one of "My 30 most favorite paintings of all time (part 1)."

The link I am giving you is the comment section on the blog, so you might want to ask your question there and see if you get any further specifics about this artwork that is one of this person's most favorite paintings.

http://sghcreative.wordpress.com/about/
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 01:16 pm
@pheerooz,
Picasso and Modigliani were neighbors at one point. There is a well known portrait of Picasso painted by Modigliani so it's entirely possible that Picasso painted Modigliani's portrait too.

Still, this doesn't look much like Picasso's work to me. It seems a bit too literal.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 01:23 pm
@boomerang,
Found another page with the painting. According to it, Boomerang is correct. This is a portrait of Modigliani by Pablo Picasso.

http://pictify.com/604809/portrait-of-modigliani-by-pablo-picasso
0 Replies

pheerooz

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 01:46 pm
@pheerooz,
@Butrflynet
thats exactly where I got it from, but he labels 29 right. its just this painting that didnt look like Picasso to me but I found it beautiful

@boomerang
Its a known fact that they were friends and all that ... its just doesnt look like Picasso to me but maybe I am wrong

@Butrflynet
Thank you, but again its not a legitimate proof. It doesnt mention the year it was painted

I am still lost will try to find a complete list of Picasso's work online and go through it I guess. Thank you very much for all your replies.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 01:52 pm
@pheerooz,
Juan Gris: Portrait of Pablo Picasso
pheerooz

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
i am pretty sure now that its not a Picasso its a different artist
looked thru all his works from 1903 till 1973 ... nothing
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:17 pm
@pheerooz,
It is a portrait of Picasso by Juan Gris.
Certainly a different artist - I've never intended to say it from/by nor does the linked Art Institute's website say so.

Besides quite a few other A2K'ers, I've seen it in Chicago - and it's not only on their website but on any art list, printed and on the web.
pheerooz

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
i am sorry i was talking about my painting not yours
0 Replies