I had a kidney stone

surfbug

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 12:07 pm
I had a kidney stone and I passed it. Do I add the maintenance supplements–flaxseed, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and zinc/copper–on a long-term basis

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 12:09 pm
@surfbug,
a2k TERMS OF USE wrote:

C. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. All the content of the service, including all postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice because of something you've received from or read in the able2know service.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:03 pm
You need to find out the composition of the stone to have your Dr. give you a diet or other supplements.

I understand they are very painful. Did you even SEE a Dr. about this?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 04:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar I avoid censure of that sort by instead asking if anyone has had "…personal experience with…."
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 05:32 pm
@surfbug,
Punkey is right. The changes on your diet and the supplements depneds on the characteristics of your particular kidney stones. Some require urine alkalinization others acidification. Let your doctor be the one explain what measures you must take to prevent more stones to follow.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:35 am
@surfbug,
That kidney stone is a mini meteor. Did you know kidney stones form in the same way stone asteroids form? Excess calcium; not enough iron. Our human body contains tiny meteors - it makes you wonder why the kidneys don't produce iron asteroids, though.
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:40 am
@One Eyed Mind,
One eye's seeing the galaxy out of his asshole again.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:43 am
@farmerman,
Are you denying that the kidney stone and the stone asteroid share the same production values? If you are, then you're arguing science - that makes you an idiot.

If we can be made up of water, heat, electricity, organs that look like they evolved from all kinds of things around the world, sponge, pores like a rock, a brain with a stem like a plant, lungs with roots, a neuron system that looks like a ******* giant electrical plant with the brain connected at the top, which again is the characteristics of a plant... and coincidentally, our hair collects pollen just like plants. Why is it out of the ordinary to suggest that kidney stones are miniature meteors? The ******* kidney stone is created in the same exact manner as the ******* meteor and the kidney stone looks like a tiny ass rock resembling a meteor. Don't be a ******* idiot. There's no reason to suspect this is strange, unless you're some dumb ass conformist who is too attached to petty social lies.
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:45 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Im Not denying anything -- You are so full of **** your hairs brown.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:48 am
@farmerman,
You just denied it.

Now you're denying that you're in denial.

Denying your denial, is worse than being in denial.

You actually know that you're in denial.

Very sad. Can't even argue. You just accuse me of things, like a child does when they have nothing to offer. Well, I hope you feel good about yourself. You said absolutely nothing. You're just here to make me look smaller because I intimidate you with my universal understanding of this entire ******* Universe - you know, that thing you pretend doesn't exist for your tiny make-believe society.
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:50 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You usually only can deny something if that "something" is t first, true. Your original garbage statement is just that, ITS GARBAGE.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:53 am
@farmerman,
You calling it garbage doesn't make it garbage.

You proving to everyone here that my claims are wrong (stone asteroids and kidney stones are created by the same thing: excess calcium; less iron), will prove that what I said was garbage - until then, you're garbage and you're denying that your excuses stink.
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 11:16 am
@One Eyed Mind,
medical science calls it garbage. Most kidney stones are struvite or uric acid. Those lesser ones with Ca nuclei are acid deposited crystals. Name an asteroid that goes through that formation process.
Idiot
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 11:28 am
@farmerman,
Yes, and lava doesn't look like water, so it's not water, even though it shares the features of water - let's completely ignore the possibility that this Universe transitions from form to form.

Did it ever occur to you that the kidneys serve a different purpose than meteors? It's like the jelly of our eye that is found in the ocean. Things evolve and fulfill different roles. Things change into different forms, but the fundamentals, like the production of the asteroid and the kidney stone, are still there behind the surface.

Maybe if you would get your head out of your ass, you'd find the finest diamond in the world - your ******* brain, jewel boy.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 12:43 pm
I've had my share of kidney stones. In my case the avoidance of dairy products stops the stones from forming; other people may have stones forming for different reasons. If I were to drink a quart of milk today, tomorrow I would have a kidney stone; though, eating a pint of ice cream presents no problem.

I went to the emergency room for the first stone attack. They gave me an injection which totally stopped the pain for about an hour, but the pain returned in full intensity for another hour or so, and the doctor refused more pain medication due to the possibility of addiction. I was writhing in pain on the top of a table listening to a man on the other side of a curtain screaming in pain from a dislocated shoulder. I guess the Methodist Hospital in Dallas didn't believe in pain relief. From then on I stayed away from hospitals, reducing the pain from attacks with aspirin.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 02:25 pm
@farmerman,
Farmerman is risght OEM. Most kindney stones are actually made of organic molecules. There is no asteroid made of such. Calcium in kidney stones is bonded to an organic molecule Oxalic acid. They form calcium oxalate. They are radioopaque so they can be seen on a common xray. Struvite and uric acid are radiolucid, their contents of calcium is low and can not be seen on a x ray.

The day we find an asteroid with organic molecules the questions regarding the existence of life outside our world would be solved.
0 Replies