Confused

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 12:35 pm
I want to start by saying I respect everyone.and I mean no disrepect.Im having a problem believing that so many people believe that there is a god out there and there is a kingdom of heaven.Now my question is do people believe that it is real.or do they believe in the idea that its real.For example do you believe that there is a real being out there by the name god.or believe that you will live a better life imagining that someones out there.but really you know theres not.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,499 • Replies: 11
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 01:18 pm
@stevenray,
Quote:
do people believe that it is real
I think Steve most believe She is real but that She might not be material

I believe most think that after death one continues to think and feel but maybe in another dimension

Quote:
For example do you believe that there is a real being out there by the name god
It's quite clear that there's something--maybe much--that we don't yet understand. Perhaps it will eventually be concluded that you may or may not call Her God depending on your exact def
stevenray

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 01:31 pm
@dalehileman,
Well I definitely think that people generally live a better life believing in him or her.but I used to believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, by which I categorize God.I wish I could find the place in me where Faith exist.As of now I cannot.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 04:14 pm
@stevenray,
Steve I don't know how to respond. You had asked what others believe, the majority perhaps (not I), and I guessed at it
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 05:40 pm
@stevenray,
To 'believe' is to accept as real/genuine.
Anything else is not belief.
There are no degrees of belief.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 10:07 pm
@stevenray,
The more educated people are the more they question that any God exists.
There is absolutely no proof that he/she exists, people simply believe in what they want to believe. No one makes more money - in the name of God - than all those preachers. People are gullible, the want to believe, they want to hold someone other than themselves responsible for their lives.
The bible and the teachings of God sure kept simple pheasants in line during medieval times, they were illiterate and easily manipulated then, I have no idea what excuse they have today.
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 07:18 am
@CalamityJane,
Do the educated folk not believe in gods?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 09:35 am
@Smileyrius,
Some do, of course. I said the more educated you get, meaning that at one point you have to question yourself believing in something that is not tangible and where science has proven otherwise.
If you look at the evangelists in this country, or even the Vatican outside this country - they're all rich beyond their means from preaching "God's word".
Just like in the middle ages, they take advantage of believers, they take their money and continue preaching. That's their livelihood, of course they won't stop, they misuse the trust received by believers to gain wealth. Most of them are highly educated, but do they believe in God while taking advantage of others? You be the judge of that!
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 10:54 am
@stevenray,
Why do you wish you could find the place in you where faith exists?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 12:22 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
The more educated people are the more they question that any God exists.
Jane, with age I perceive a turnaround where the skeptic admits there's much we don't yet understand
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 06:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
You're right, only the fool does not question his beliefs, I guess it is where one finds his answers that dictates his direction.

As for those that exploit the belief system for self gain, I would hazard a guess that they have not read, do not understand, or have no belief in the words contained within their holy book.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 11:18 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
You're right, only the fool does not question his beliefs, I guess it is where one finds his answers that dictates his direction.
Yea Smile, agreed most wholeheartedly how such a huge majority are victims of cause and effect, loudly insisting upon whatever they inherited from their respective parentage and environment
0 Replies