God's Presence on Earth through His Spirit (Scripture & Photos Examined)

fresco

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:59 pm
@Patches,
Shucks missed ! I was aiming for your head !
Patches

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 04:07 pm
@fresco,
lol Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 05:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
There is a great passage in George Bernard Shaw's play St. Joan:

THE CHAPLAIN. But some of the most important points have been reduced almost to nothing. For instance, The Maid has actually declared that the blessed saints Margaret and Catherine, and the holy Archangel Michael, spoke to her in French. That is a vital point.

THE INQUISITOR. You think, doubtless, that they should have spoken in Latin?

CAUCHON. No: he thinks they should have spoken in English.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 05:58 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
My interpretation of the Bible is no different than a theologians.
That is hardly a reason to believe you. Theologians have been misleading us for 1000s of years
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 06:02 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
As a nine year old child, I saw Jesus in the most beautiful of whites dressed as a shepherd on the wing of an airplane. . . .
Jesus has not made an appearance to any human since he appeared to John c. 100 C.E.

Which causes me to wonder . . . . .
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 06:05 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
God in His immense love for mankind created humans to be with Him as part of a most loving heavenly family with the angels. . . .
Then why did he tell Adam and Eve to fill the earth?
Why did Jesus say the 'meek will inherit the earth?'
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 06:15 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
The Christian Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power.
Actually, the halo is a pagan symbol:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Persian_Cock.jpg
Patches wrote:

Divinity means of, or pertaining to god. The Holy Spirit is god, the third person of the Holy Trinity.
The God dishonoring belief in the trinity has been well discussed here: http://able2know.org/topic/51117-1
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:55 pm
Right on cue!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 04:43 pm
Religious bitch fight . . . woo hoo!
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:21 am
patches wrote:
God in His immense love for mankind created humans to be with Him as part of a most loving heavenly family with the angels

An intriguing suggestion my friend, albeit raising another question. If our destination is heaven, what do you suppose the purpose of the earth is?
neologist

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 08:52 am
@Smileyrius,
Patches has already wandered to a new pair of trousers. All that remains here is the hole.
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 09:59 am
@neologist,
gone so soon? awww
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 09:59 am
@neologist,
There are numerous testimonies on the internet of people seeing and talking to Jesus. Here is just one link to some of those testimonies.

http://www.visionsofjesuschrist.com/miraculous_stories.htm

It is not uncommon for people to have visions of Jesus today.
neologist

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 10:09 am
@Patches,
Sorry. The bible trumps your links.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 10:11 am
@Patches,
When I was a kid I was convinced daleks had visited my house. I was lying in bed and could see them going up and down the hall at night. In the morning I somewhat nervously went to the toilet, and was relieved to find they'd gone, but no sooner had I got back to my room I heard them, they said. 'Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate, you have been attacked by the daleks.'

When people told me it must have been a dream I refused to believe it because it was so real. Even today it still feels like something that actually happened, but it can't have done, because the daleks are pure fiction.

If I'd seen Jesus going up and down the hall screaming 'Exterminate,' I might be some holy roller godbotherer now instead of being, relatively, normal.
Patches

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 10:18 am
@neologist,
I was referring to before the fall when God walked the earth with Adam and Eve and it was paradise. Adam and Eve was to fill the earth with God and the angels here. Jesus said that the "meek will inherit the earth" after the fall. Paradise today is in heaven with God.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 11:14 am
@neologist,
From Catholic Information on the Christian Halo, "The Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power".

http://www.catholic-saints.info/catholic-symbols/halo-christian-symbol.htm
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 11:25 am
@neologist,
The mystery of the Trinity in itself is inaccessible to the human mind and is the object of faith only because it was revealed by Jesus Christ, the divine Son of the eternal Father.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 11:36 am
My opening post is a true understanding of God's presence here on earth through His Spirit.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 11:41 am
@neologist,
The parable from Jesus is that He would leave the flock to find that one lost sheep. This is what Jesus had done for me when he had appeared to me as a shepherd. This is in the bible.