Why is the greenhouse gas theory completely wrong?

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 05:39 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I think it's likely a mistake to either exaggerate or minimize the potential consequences. We simply don't know.

which makes any cost/benefit analysis impossible to conduct, which makes it impossible to take prudent actions. We are men not Gods. Lets stop pretending otherwise. What we should be doing now is doing our best to learn. Taking action comes after we learn. Only idiots try to live life successfully by going in the the other direction.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 05:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
I generally agree. I believe it would be prudent to reduce our GHG emissions as much as practicable with current technology, without materially raising the cost of energy, and using the time to develop new technologies. Trying to achieve a significant reduction with photovoltaic solar cells and windmills is a fools errand that, if forcibly implemented, would cause great human suffering.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 05:49 pm
Summary of this thread:

OP: "Prove me wrong, even though I didn't provide anything for you to prove wrong."

Argument: *Long paragraph that explains the functions of basic physics."

OP: "Nope. Try again."

Argument 2: *Long paragraph that explains the details of molecular forces."

OP: "You just don't get me, even though I haven't provided anything throughout this entire thread."

Argument 3: *Yet another long paragraph that covers the foundation of science based on peer-reviewed cases.*

OP: "NEENER NEENER NEENER".
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 10:25 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Wink
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have performed some small experiments, and I have learned that we can't predict what we can't control. Period

This conclusion from right above is at any level of observation or experimentation.

In the 90's, when we had a heat season that lasted for years, a single volcano in Philippines caused an eruption and ashes reaching the high atmosphere diminished the solar influence for a while, and the entire earth temperature dropped one grade.

Exaggerate calculations made, said the dropping was 4 grades.

The famous Ozone holes, which today seem to be smaller and thinner, recent news from NASA reveal that probably is not the change of aerosol gas, but strong winds the ones causing such a new phenomenon. Probably both acting simultaneously.

Melting ice poles is not bad after all, because colder oceans cause a drop in our worldwide temperature.

Everything appears to be contradictory, because we never did this kind of studies before. Nobody saw any Ozone holes before because there was no way to detect them. Then, they might have existed for thousands of years or just appeared because our fault. Who knows.

Same melting pole ice on earth was observed in planet Mars. And I do not see anyone driving cars over there. I might need a better telescope.

We can't control many things around, then we can't predict their consequences... we can, however, speculate a lot.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:45 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
We can't control many things around, then we can't predict their consequences... we can, however, speculate a lot
living life according to the confines of the global warming gurus is reminiscent of living according to the dictates of the priests of old....right up to constant reprimands that we need to do without things we like for our own good based upon unproven theories.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 02:50 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

I have performed some small experiments, and I have learned that we can't predict what we can't control. Period

This conclusion from right above is at any level of observation or experimentation.

If you didn't control it then it wasn't an experiment. The conclusion would be your conclusion is not supported by your experiment.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 02:53 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
Same melting pole ice on earth was observed in planet Mars. And I do not see anyone driving cars over there. I might need a better telescope.

I think you need a better brain if you want to argue that the poles on Mars are the same as on Earth.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:38 pm
@parados,
I dont think he suggested they were "the same" at all. Why do you so often selectively interpret the words of others to make your criticisms? It makes you look very petty and quite foolish.
JTT

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:18 pm
@georgeob1,
You're just now catching on to paradosing, George?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:05 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
We can't control many things around, then we can't predict their consequences... we can, however, speculate a lot

We can also plan....if R happens then we will do x, and just as the Pentagon has stacks of war plans on the shelf ready to go in case of need we can have a bunch of plans read to go depending on what happens, as well as legal mechanisms in place to implement them. Trying to limit Co2 emissions or scrub the atmosphere are going to be super expensive, and we dont even know if it is a good idea. One big volcano erupting changes everything, we might next year be very glad that the atmosphere has man made co2 in it.
JTT

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
just as the Pentagon has stacks of war plans on the shelf ready to go in case of need

God damn, you people are so patently dishonest! Unless you are being attacked there is NEVER a NEED. That's what makes you just like the Nazis. Hundreds of invasions simply to steal others wealth.

Genocide after genocide just to line your pockets. Really, is there anything more scummy than that, Hawkeye?

Yup, there most certainly is. Two plus centuries of lying your asses off pretending you're something more than Nazis.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:20 pm
@JTT,
Hey Everyone..JTT is back!

Where was he?

a) Jail

b) on military operations down range out of communication range

c) Psych hospital

d) on A2K temp ban

e) other
JTT

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your typical American dishonesty, Hawk. Scream for help because you aren't honest enough to deal with the truth.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:07 am
@JTT,
Typical JTT lack of integrity, he who refuses to acknowledge that we have the right to know the identity of the one who confronts us with such hostility and hate. If you are for instance a Captain in the Peoples Liberation Army currently serving in the cyber propaganda department this fact would need to be considered when evaluating your alleged opinions, we could choose to believe that there might be a decent person behind JTT who is just following orders.
JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:15 am
@hawkeye10,
More typical American dishonesty, Hawk. You mistake truth/facts, in typical American fashion, because you don't have the slightest conception as to what they are.

History is clear. The USA has been nothing more than a marauding band of terrorists and war criminals since its own terrorist beginnings, all hidden behind the rankest, though admittedly successful, propaganda.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:39 am
@georgeob1,
I guess when he used the words "same" I thought it would mean "same." I guess I should have realized "same" means "different."
georgeob1

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:10 am
@parados,
Your'e still in character peabrain.. That tw distinct things have a single characteristic in common as was the case here, does not make them identical or the same in all respects.
parados

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:19 am
@georgeob1,
What is the characteristic they have in common?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:57 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:

I think you need a better brain if you want to argue that the poles on Mars are the same as on Earth.

See for yourself. Frost has indeed been observed on the Poles of Mars, That doesn't make Mars the same as earth, and no such suggestion was made. Despite that you attacked the straw man of your own making.

Your denial and delusional rationalizations of your own childish behavior are evidently very strong