My boyfriend asked other girls out, what do I do?

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 01:03 pm
Hi, my boyfriend and I were doing long distance and i was visiting him monthly for many days per month (since i had more time flexibility) and in the same month when we were supposed to live with each other, he asked another girl out but she turned him down because she had a boyfriend, he didn't admit to me that he asked her out, then as we were fighting about that and before i move in with him, he asked another one out and same story again... Now we live with each other but we don't trust each other. I stayed in the relationship because it was very good at first and he cares about me and loves me a lot more than other boyfriends ive had, but i still feel that i cant trust him. He doesn't trust me either and he is very jealous and this tires me. I am friendly with people but i have never given him a reason to not trust. When he asked the first girl out, he was telling me that he wanted to marry me and he still says that. When he aksed the second one out, he was telling me that he wants to fight for me. I am sure he loves me but what is the problem? I need to decide but i am afraid to break up
and regret it. What would you do? The relationship gives me lots of love and care.

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 01:08 pm
@Summer1179,
Summer1179 wrote:

... Now we live with each other but we don't trust each other.... I am sure he loves me but what is the problem? I need to decide but i am afraid to break up and regret it. What would you do? The relationship gives me lots of love and care.

Your statements are completely contradictory. People who are untrustworthy aren't showing their love, and they don't deserve yours. You say he's jealous and controlling and asks other girls out.

Why the devil would you put up with this for more than 5 seconds? Why would you move in with him after his track record? Why would you confuse this kind of manipulative disrespectful crap with love?

Find another place to live, and get your self-respect back. You don't need this from anyone, particularly not someone who cloaks himself in words of love but his actions are far from that.
Summer1179

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 01:22 pm
@jespah,
Thanks!! I was confused because his actions are contradictory, yes you are right!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 01:28 pm
@jespah,
I agree with Jespah on every point.

I'll add, why do you have to have a boyfriend at all times, not feel complete unless you have one? That's not an accusation, more an assumption from your comments. I've known too many women who are fearful or feel negative about ever being alone. Live alone or with roommates for a while and get to know yourself and your interests in life. Don't hang on to sucky using people for spurts of affection.
0 Replies