Use of Tags

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 08:53 pm
@fresco,
You are taking this rather personally fresco. As I pointed out to izzy, I've not singled anyone out by name, and, in fact, I don't even recall who the individuals are who were clinically discussing the person's mental illness. (I think I may now have a clue though as to at least one of them).

What matters is not what the person's mental state actually is, or how I define or use "genuine mental health issue." What matter is whether or not the people exhibiting the behavior I've described believe the person is suffering from a mental illness. If they do not, then they were simply engaging in a unique way of dealing with a jerk, but if they do, they were being cruel.

I provided for the possibility that these folks don't believe the person has a mental illness, my criticism of the behavior is only applicable if they do.

In any case it's my opinion. I think it's bad form. I also think bashing-threads are bad form but I know not everyone agrees with me on that. You've made it clear that you disagree with my opinion in this case.

Thanks for your opinion.

fresco

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Laughing
That mental health straw man is looking a bit tattered !

Perhaps you might consider the point that, anybody who has a fondness for "wise adages", such as the ones you display on your profile, is likely to have a leaning towards others displaying a similar interest in "word magic". Such an aspect of "languaging" (REF Maturana) is involved in a range of human activities including religious ritual, hypnosis, and the oratory of despots.

You might consider too, that the concept of "an individual", in a consistent sense, is dismissed by some of the literature you appear fond of. What is going on here may be no more than a self perpetuating communicative game which as much evokes the nature of participants as emanating from them.

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 12:32 am
I just saw the peg-leg tag . . . that's pretty damned funny . . .
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 01:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're full of pomposity as usual. My charge of you trying to control everything is far from ludicrous. You've made a career on A2K of moaning about other people's behaviour, telling us what is not funny. This thread is just one of many.

Quote:
I prefer to spend my time writing dull pages in response

And you did that straight away. For once you were being honest Dr. Gotz.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 05:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I just saw the peg-leg tag . . . that's pretty damned funny . . .
Maybe someone HAS one? A humorist ?
I probably missed something.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:19 pm
@Setanta,
Thanks, it's my tag.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:20 pm
So? Are you pleased with yourself now?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:39 pm
@Setanta,
For you finding my tag amusing? No, not particularly so.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:43 pm
@fresco,
Look, you obviously want to make this personal and I'm not interested. I should have ignored you when you first posted, but I have a hard time resisting striking back when struck.

I've no intention of engaging in a back and forth with you. If you would like to consider this a victory, please be my guest and do.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 09:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
How does peg-leg
figure into the reasoning ?
fresco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Smile
"Personal" ???
Re-read my last paragraph. !
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 06:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well, i think OEM is really funny. I concur on the point that he is intelligent. Altough i doubt he has mental issues. I think that he has something that is more dangerous for an brilliant mind than any drug.... Leisure used to over think.
fresco

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 08:33 pm
@luismtzzz,
Note that the adjective "brilliant" is usually applied to those who have the ability to communicate coherently! Wink
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 03:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If you reread my original post David, you'll find that I opined that if everyone knew I had only one leg, they would find tags like "cripple," "gimp" and "peg-leg," to be offensive, and that tagging a thread by someone believed to have a mental illness "mental health" "crazy" etc should engender the same reaction.

I tagged the thread "peg-leg" (among others) as a bit of humor which Setanta found very funny until, I suspect, he learned I was the source. It may have removed a little of the bite for him.

I also suggested that "hypocritical sermonizing" might be someone's idea of an apt tag for this thread, but I when I tagged the thread myself, in addition to "ignore," "gimp," "Cripple," and "peg-leg," I typed "hypothetical sermonizing," which in a strange way was apt too.
Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 01:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your suspicion does you credit . . . if you want to demonstrate that you're hateful and cherish personal animosity.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Use of Tags
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:42:55