Digital Electronics Homework Help

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 05:17 am
I need help in creating a weighted timing controller. The problem is as shown below.

Creating a Weighted Timing Controller:

A simple microwave oven has two cooking modes: a "Slow cooking" mode that operates on low power and a "Fast cooking" mode that operates on high power. Cooking time for these cycles depends on the weight of items being cooked and is determined as follows.

Fast cooking cycle: 2*Weight seconds
Slow cooking cycle: 3*Weight seconds

The system will not be functioned if the cooking cycle is more than 15. The weight is indicated by a 4-bit DIP switch. A 1-bit DIP switch is used to indicate the cooking mode (fast or slow). A push button is used as START button for starting the cooking process. A seven segment display and a LED are used to indicate the count in decimal format and only odd number count is showed during the cooking process. For example, if the count is 15, the LED is asserted and seven segment shows '5'. If the count is 9, only the seven segment display shows '9'.

Implement the 4 bit weight DIP switch, 1 bit DIP switch for mode selection and cycle calculation.

I am not sure how to implement the 1-bit DIP switch for mode selection and cycle calculation (how do I make it 2*weight or 3*weight second) and how to implement the 4 bit weight DIP switch.

Thank you for the help you render and if possible, please guide me on how to begin.

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,374 • Replies: 0
No top replies