Colombian women's cycling team appear to have had Brazilians ...

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 04:01 pm
The Colombian women's cycling team were meant to be showing the world what they were made of as they posed in their new kit this week.
But they appeared to show a little too much as all eyes were drawn to the bizarre new flesh-coloured design stretching across their lower torso.
As the smiling athletes took to the stage, they seemed blissfully unaware of the blunder, which left them looking completely exposed at the groin.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/15/1410765026679_wps_5_The_Colombian_women_s_cyc.jpg

The Colombian team, which is sponsored by the country's capital city of Bogota, was wearing the outfit to take part in a cycling competition in Italy.
The race is held in honour of former Italian champion, Michela Fanini, whose promising career was cut short when she died in a car crash in 1994 at just 21 years old..

It is difficult to ascertain whether the outrageous new strip was a publicity stunt or a genuine fashion faux-pas but the team may think twice about turning out in it again.
The design has caused a stir on social media - with many ranking it among the worst kits ever seen at a sporting event.
Some joked on Twitter that they had gone out to buy the kit, while others criticised the stunt for going too far.
Comparisons were also made with other sporting fashion mishaps- such as the Scottish team's kit at this summer's Commonwealth Games which involved a strange tartan and blue spotted design.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,471 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 04:39 pm
Whoa!

I've finally got myself a NSFW thread. Cool.

I may put RayBans on my avatar.
Germlat

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 04:55 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I just vomited a little in my mouth....
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 05:12 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I am sure the Brazilians are happy about that. (But, do the Brazilians have anything to do with those vulgar uniforms?)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 05:17 pm
What was he thinking? Too many poppy seeds ingested?
These poor girls aren't even phased by it, haven't they looked in a mirror?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 05:40 pm
@CalamityJane,
Finally a photo that startled even me..

good work, lordy!
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 07:18 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Whoa!

I've finally got myself a NSFW thread. Cool.

I may put RayBans on my avatar.

Are you saying that my value as a white woman just went up??!
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:14 am
Check out the men's kit...almost as bad. This was a bad decision. I also think it was not intentional.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:18 am
@Germlat,
over on this side of the lake, "kit" is a pussy. Same thing over there, or am I a bit over the line?
Germlat

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:26 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

over on this side of the lake, "kit" is a pussy. Same thing over there, or am I a bit over the line?

Laughing The kit is the outfit.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 12:10 pm
@farmerman,
So, what exactly is a kitbag over there, fm?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:39 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Some guy, I forget who, was kicked out by the powers that be, and the team still kept his kit in his locker - that is, his "outfit".

No link, but that was fairly recent.

0 Replies