Swollen tonsils?

Tmb8

Sun 14 Sep, 2014 02:18 pm
I have had an sore throat for two weeks, it stopped for three days and came back. I went to the doctor he checked me for strep,said I didn't have it and sent me home. I recently noticed my tonsils are swollen and have some whitish stuff. I have a dry cough, stuffy nose and sore throat. What could this be? And should I see a doctor?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 551 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sun 14 Sep, 2014 02:23 pm
@Tmb8,
Go back to the doctor. Except for the white stuff, this is pretty standard serious sore throat/cough/cold stuff, but when you start to see whitish stuff it can (not necessarily, but have it checked in order to be sure) signal that there's an infection.

Best to get it checked out.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 04:20 pm
@Tmb8,
Agree with Jes. Return to your doctor. There are hundreds of different baceria that can cause an infection like that. Strep is not the only option. A viral infection could be also and there are tousands of those bastards.

If you do not feel confortable adressing the sme doctor go for a second opinion. Always look for a trustworthy med, sk family members and peers for one they trust.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Swollen tonsils?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:43:21