Allergic to what??

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:20 am
This passed Monday I had anaphylactic shock idk what caused this to happen and I'm very worried and scared on Sunday I had dinner at my uncles he made home made raviolis and other Italian foods that I have never tried as I was eating I noticed I had hives on both of my wrist I stopped eating and the hives went away I went home went to sleep the next morning I didn't notice anything unusual actually forgot I had hives the night before I went about my day my boyfriend had planned a romantic morning for us he gave me a massage with shea butter lotion that I use regularly and I gave him oral sex which is also something i have done many times we have been together for 4 years we had a sex also we had a great time he had to go into work later that afternoon at this point I was fine I then started to get a headache and a stomach ache at this point I still didn't eat anything I took an Aleve and went to relax and then my feet started to itch and my hands than I was covered in hives I decided to go to the store to get Benadryl with in seconds I had to pull over bc I couldn't see my lips were swollen my throat felt tight n then I rem I had my daughters epi pen I gave it to myself and slowly regained my vision I called the ambulance it scared me terribly i had an allergic reaction but to what? What could have caused this??? Please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 908 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:25 am
@Nervousnelly,
What did they say about it at the hospital where the ambulance took you?
Nervousnelly

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 11:17 am
@Butrflynet,
No need for the sarcasm they said it was obviously something I ate which isn't rocket science now is it thanx for the sarcasm greatly appreciated
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:41 am
@Nervousnelly,
A bit sensitive are you?! Rest assured there was no sarcasm in genuine question.

Besides:
Quote:
C. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. All the content of the service, including all postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice because of something you've received from or read in the able2know service.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 02:26 pm
@Nervousnelly,
You think that was sarcasm? Heh. It was a question about detail you omitted. You gave minute detail about everything, including your pubic hairs (<<===that was sarcasm), and didn't say a thing about what you were told at the hospital.

Why should I play a guessing game of what could have been the cause when you already had the brain trust of a hospital emergency room working on the issue for you and didn't bother to give us that information.

Quote:
I had dinner at my uncles he made home made raviolis and other Italian foods that I have never tried

You want some better answers? Ask your uncle to detail all the ingredients, herbs and spices in the food he prepared for you. Then, either look up the foods yourself to see if there is a history of allergic reactions to any of them or come back here and post a useful list of them and we will help you Google the history of allergic reactions.

Do you have a history of allergies to any insect bites or seafood? That would be good info to have too.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 03:54 pm
@Nervousnelly,
Had your boyfriend been eating peanuts prior to you giving him oral sex?

Maybe you have a 'nut' allergy.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 10:35 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Ok, I'll answer to say the obvious - make an appointment with and allergist.
0 Replies