Bad experiences with teachers

mac1797

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:21 pm
I am a sophomore in high school and I've had a few bad experiences with teachers throughout the years. In the 4th grade my teacher verbally embarrassed me in front of the class for switching a prize I got. In the fifth grade we were playing a game and my teacher yelled at me for being racist for saying "It's on like white on rice." When that's not a racial slur at all....
And I have just had other experiences in middle school when the teachers are arrogant and think they do no wrong and have double standards. High school hasn't been much better either because last week I had to leave school early because a teacher triggered a panic attack and when my mother and I talked to her about it, she didn't care at all.
This is really bothering me and it's coming to a point where I'm dreading to go to school because I don't feel safe at school because the teachers don't care about me. I don't mind learning,I like learning. I just don't trust the teachers to keep me safe if they're so wish washy, arrogant, and not caring about my well being when they front that they care about the students.
Any suggestions to get past this feeling because I want to like school....

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 06:37 pm
I never had bad experiences with teachers or principals. I always got into fights with them and seeing them choke on their words made me feel good, but then I saw the students kissing their asses - that's when I had a bad experience.

That's why I always love seeing people tell me they "fight for a cause", when they did absolutely nothing when things broke out in their class room. The teacher is throwing away a student's art that he is making so he can raise funds to fight his mother's cancer, but the students just laugh at the student as the teacher throws away his art, which is what he was drawing for his mother - his mother's life is more important than a make-believe system that only teaches you the system, not what's outside the system, hence why school does not teach us about ourselves on a personal level.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:20 pm
@mac1797,
A couple of suggestions.

1. Realize that teachers are human beings. They make mistakes, but most teachers are sincerely trying to do the best they can for their students.

2. Are there teachers that you get along well with? You should think about what it is with these teachers that helps you relate to them. This might help you understand yourself.

3. Think about what happens after high school. If you go to college you will have professors. If you work you will have a boss. Professors and bosses (like teachers) are human beings. High school is supposed to prepare you for the real world. In the real world you are going to have to deal with authority figures with all of the flaw of real people.

So, think of this as a learning experience... if you learn to get along with teachers you are gaining a skill that will be very helpful in your adult life.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 08:31 pm
Teachers and students, they are all animals inside a cage that pretend to be a place for knowledge, when knowledge surrounds us, hence why wise men taught themselves.
0 Replies

mac1797

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 09:13 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank you, I will do this
0 Replies