Looking for Garage Door Repair

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:07 pm
Hey eveyone, I am renovating my old house and was looking to change or repair my garage door and also the locks for the doors. Any brand or company suggestion, who deals with all this ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 2,115 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Butrflynet

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:19 pm
@micheal0017,
Make a trip to your nearest Habitat for Humanity ReStore and look for items there that have been recovered from old houses and are available for repurposing.

http://www.habitat.org/ReStores/Shop.aspx
0 Replies

CBlack0

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 11:10 am
What type of Garage door are you looking for ? Mainly there are 3 types .

Rolling Doors comprise of a ribbed steel curtain that moves vertically in the opening and rolls up and around the drum, guided by tracks and counterbalanced with springs.

They are particularly suitable for garages and sheds where there is plenty of headroom above the opening and where a traditional look is required.

Sectional Doors are made from a number of rigid sections/panels that are hinged together and move vertically in the opening, then horizontally along the ceiling, guided by tracks and counter-balanced with springs.

These doors are the most aesthetically adaptable of most garage doors, and are available in a range of colours, patterns and may also featured windows. Sectional doors can be made of wood and other materials, but are most commonly made of steel.

Flex-A-Door is made from a durable Roll-A-door curtain that is fitted on a curving track – which slides from a vertical position up into a horizontal position, close to the ceiling.

It is especially suited to applications where there is not the headroom for a rolling door, or where a smoother, easier to use solution is required to replace an existing til door.

Tell me your exact needs then i will tell you, what exactly suits you and which brand you should get.
0 Replies

micheal0017

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 01:01 pm
@Butrflynet - Thanks for the help
@Cblack0 - I am not sure, what kind of garage door, i am having , but i think its the sectional one. Well another question , which type is the best, if i got the new one then i will get the one suggested.

And any more Brand suggestion ?
0 Replies