Mom being contacted to Pay Child Support because I am working and dad's not.

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 02:10 pm
I am a single mom with a 2 year old. I just got notice that my sons dad is seeking child support because I am working, and he inst, which he hasn't worked since our son was 1, and he is going on 3. We have Joint custody, but I provide for our son financially by myself with no help from him. I pay for his child care expenses, and he refuses to pay just the few dollars a week to help with that. He also applied for cash assistant, and because of this, it added another case for me to possibly pay child support. I make 12/hr and pay Rent, and my son's father stays with his grandparents. Is there a way that I don;t have to pay him or the state child support, I'm honestly pinching pennies with the responsibilities I have now.

Also his worker called me and told me because he is receiving aid from the state, I am considered the absent parent, even if this is not true.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,240 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 02:15 pm
@Emrld110,
Don't waste time here at a forum which can't provide you with legal advice.
Quote:
D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.

http://able2know.org/about/tos/

Go find a family legal service like The Legal Aid Society which provides probono and discounted legal aid:
http://www.legal-aid.org/en/home.aspx
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 02:16 pm
@Emrld110,
His worker? Whatever - even if that person is a lawyer (and I bet they aren't); their opinion is lovely but meaningless.

Get thee to a lawyer. And sue for full custody. Your baby daddy isn't contributing at all, and is trying to leech off you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 02:16 pm
@Emrld110,
If I were in your situation, I'd hire a lawyer.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 08:12 pm
Who has custody of this child?

0 Replies