What Is Your Thoughts On Gay Marriage ?

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 08:50 pm
I Happen To Be Gay I Dont Feel Free, I Dont Like How I Could Not Get Married To My Girlfriend In Certain States .. Whats Your Thoughts ?

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 08:55 pm
It's a fetish.

Marriage systems are monetary scams.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 02:45 am
@WhassNextt0722,
It is rights equity. It should be legal. For civil reasons in the same way that happens with straight couples. It gives you rights over your spouse as well as obligations. You can share a pension, or recive medical coverage, or be protected in case of abuse or neglection.

It should be completely legal.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 10:12 am
@WhassNextt0722,
Don't care one way or t'other. I've long wondered why someone would adopt a cause the outcome of which has absolutely no effect on himself
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 12:57 pm
@WhassNextt0722,
I agree, it's about equality under the laws. Government shouldn't be involved in the decisions of two people who love each other. It's about "the pursuit of happiness."
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 01:45 pm
@WhassNextt0722,
I believe in equality. I don't believe in marriage.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 02:12 pm
@WhassNextt0722,
Yes, equality for everyone - no exception! Let gays get married, let them feel the pain too Laughing Seriously, it should be called marriage only - without a label up front for gay, homosexual, or heterosexual. Whoever wants to get married should be able to, regardless of sexual preferences.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2015 09:23 am
@WhassNextt0722,
Marriage, as far as the law is concerned is simply a financial contract. So whether straight or gay, legally it doesn't matter. If of age to enter into other business contracts, you're old enough for the marriage one as well. And as far as the law is concerned that's all that's happening, two people whose sex is completely irrelevant are making a contract with each other. That's all.

Churches by and large will not marry people without this legal recognition established first. Various reasons including covering their legal bottoms accidentally marrying relative and the like, or those underage, etc. Though some do perform 'covenant marriages' which religious-only marriages without the blessing of the state. So it's symbolic where the law is concerned and only official in the eyes of that particular church (and whatever other groups recognize it.)

There are no legal objections to SSM not coming from a religious objection. So as someone who understands there's more than 1 religion who has an idea of what marriage is about, I understand a given religious objection is utterly meaningless where legal recognition is concerned. Object all you like, legally you don't even exist. Smile
dalehileman

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2015 09:28 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
...simply a financial contract
....and religious
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 07:44 am
@dalehileman,
It's only religious if and when it's a religious ceremony. SSM is a legal issue, not a religious one. The decision to permit SSM has no bearing on whether or not religions have to change anything about it. Religion's completely out of it.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 10:00 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
SSM is a legal issue, not a religious one
If it were recognized as almost entirely religious, Cap, its legal status might evaporate
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 02:47 am
@dalehileman,
no... a christian marriage has nothing to do with a civil one... religion didnĀ“t invent the concept nor the ceremony
dalehileman

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 11:09 am
@momoends,
Quote:
a christian marriage has nothing to do with a civil one

Forgive me Momo but that's a violation of the general principle that nothing is entirely anything while everything is party something else
srila

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 04:44 pm
@WhassNextt0722,
First we should all become brad mind to accept it as normal in society. Marriage is not important. I was myself not open until a few months ago although I am a bi woman. My husband accept it.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:22 pm
@dalehileman,
not at all, something that is not entirely anything but being partly something else can be born from anything not related to nothing. So ... no my comment is not a violation of that general principle known just by you
0 Replies