I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 06:44 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
WHERE IT IS CLEAR FROM THE VIDEO THAT THE COP WAS WRONG. GOT ANY???? (didnt think so)

Typical...I ask for a video and I get a written story. HEY DUMB ASS, have you ever posted anything good about a cop???????

You don't get to dictate what I post. Do try to keep up, though. This is going to be fun.

Quote:
Uber Driver had Passenger Who Was a Cop, Put a Gun to His Head and Threatened to Kill Him

“These are the individuals that we look up to for protection,” said Uber driver James Brothers, of the irony that the man who was sworn to defend justice, pulled a gun on him.
Salt Lake City, UT — Uber driver James Brothers was on a normal downtown pickup last week when one of his passengers put a gun to his head and asked him if he wanted to die.

Turns out that the man responsible for allegedly assaulting Brothers with a deadly weapon was a cop.

“Do you want to live or die?” said federal police officer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), Byron McDonald as he allegedly brandished a pistol and placed it to his driver’s head.

According to KUTV,

Brothers said he picked up McDonald and three other people from a downtown Salt Lake bar that night, after they called for a lift. He says he dropped off three passengers first, then drove McDonald to his hotel as he had a disagreement with one of the other passengers. Right after he pulled into the hotel entrance, Brothers said McDonald looked at him and said, “Do you want to live or die?” At first, Brothers said he thought it was a joke because McDonald appeared drunk. Then his passenger asked him the question again and pulled out a gun and pointed it at his head. Brothers said he tried to run but McDonald grabbed him by the collar and pulled him so hard he ripped his shirt and jacket and left scratch marks. Brothers pulled away, ran out of the car and called 911.
McDonald was arrested after the incident in a hotel on Oct 20 and a day later charged with aggravated assault, a third degree felony. Nedra Darling, spokesperson for the Department of the Interior which oversees BIA, said McDonald was on “official travel at the time of the incident.”

The BIA assures us that they are investigating the incident and will determine was steps to take next.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/uber-driver-passenger-put-gun-head-threaten-him-though-cop/#yELjpv5igbT3qk3C.99
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 06:50 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Police Use Helicopters, K9′s and Military Force to Find Teen Who Stole a Pack of Cigarettes

Cassius Methyl
October 28, 2014
(The Anti Media) In Florida, a state where an entire police department was recently let go for coming out against corrupt cops, police recently utilized nearly every single tool at their disposal to find a mere cigarette thief.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe police in Manate County, Florida recently sent out helicopters, K9 Units, and squad cars full of officers out to catch 18-year-old Shaquielle Olmeda for stealing a pack of cigarettes out of the hands of an unnamed 43 year-old man.
It obviously is not right for a kid to snatch a pack of cigarettes from someone, but to send out that much force to catch an 18 year-old for doing that is completely absurd, and goes to show how that much force simply cannot be trusted in a police force that obeys laws originating from a centralized power, the US Government.
The kid was caught in a mall parking lot after cops completely surrounded the area he was in, ‘making a perimeter’. He was arrested without further incident and it is not clear what he was charged with exactly.
If a police department were to receive tens of thousands of dollars in military gear from Pentagon Program 1033, and they used it as this department did, we would all be in trouble.

http://theantimedia.org/police-use-helicopters-k9s-military-force-find-4-cigarrette-pack-thief/

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 06:56 pm
@giujohn,
You're not keeping up very well, Sherlock.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/10/28/california_highway_patrol_officers_share_naked_photographs_of_women_in_their.html

Quote:
To California Cops, Stealing and Sharing Naked Photos of Women in Custody Is a “Game”

On Aug. 29, officers with the California Highway Patrol stopped a 23-year-old driver in a Bay Area suburb on suspicion of driving while drunk. The woman’s blood alcohol level registered more than three times the legal limit, and she was arrested and brought to the Martinez County jail for processing. Five days after her release, the Contra Costa Times reports, the woman was tooling around on her iPad when she discovered that explicit photographs of herself had been forwarded to an unknown number while she had been sitting, deviceless, in jail. CHP officer Sam Harrington later admitted that he had seized the woman’s confiscated phone, searched it for nude photographs, sent five of them to his own phone, then forwarded some along to two fellow officers. Harrington had attempted to erase the evidence on the woman’s cellphone, but her synced iPad revealed the trail.

According to court documents obtained by Matthais Gafni and Malaika Fraley of the Contra Costa Times, Harrington described the behavior to investigators as a “game” he had learned in the CHP’s Los Angeles office. Officers across the state play along, passing around naked photographs along with disgusting commentary about the women they pick up. Sometimes, the material is sent to civilians, too. Harrington said that he’d done the same thing a “half dozen” times over the past few years. In a second known incident, this September, Harrington scoured a DUI suspect’s phone while she was receiving X-rays for her injuries and sent bikini shots to another officer. He replied: “No ******* nudes?”

Since uncovering the scheme, Gafni has detailed similar incidents in police stations across the country, none of which have produced criminal charges against the cops. In Houston in 2005, two patrolmen were fired after picking up a DUI suspect, downloading nude photographs from her phone, and showing the pictures to other officers and attorneys. In May, a Long Island woman sued New York City, alleging that when she was locked up last year, her arresting officer forwarded 25 photographs and videos from her phone to his. When she reported the incident to police, they asked her to call the officer to confront him in a recorded conversation; he flirted and told her “not to worry” about the pictures. The officer remains on duty while he awaits a disciplinary hearing. And in 2011, a police corporal in Morgan Hill, California, confiscated the phone of a woman who had been arrested on suspicion of public intoxication, found a nude photo, and uploaded it to the suspect’s own Facebook account. After claiming that she had uploaded the photograph on accident, the corporal was demoted, but not fired.

In cases of cybercrime, victims are often told that local police forces lack the training to investigate incidents that unspool online, or else are too ignorant of the technology involved to even understand them. These episodes show that plenty of police officers have the technological knowhow to commit the offenses themselves, and, in fact, their supposed ignorance of technology can be proffered as an excuse to cover for their acts. (How exactly do you upload a naked photograph to another person’s Facebook account “on accident”?) An attorney for the woman in Morgan Hill told the Contra Costa Times that his client's case reveals that “Officers are not being appropriately trained.” He added: “They're acting like a bunch of junior high students.” I’m not sure it’s training that’s needed. Proper technological understanding is essential for police officers to investigate the full range of offenses committed in their jurisdictions. But it won't stop a police culture that dismisses online crimes against women, including when the offender is one of their own.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 07:08 pm
@giujohn,

Quote:
NYPD Assault Arrest Musician for Playing a Song Even After Verifying He Hadn’t Broken Any Laws

In a video uploaded to YouTube on Saturday, Lawrence and Leigh musician Andrew Kalleen is seen being assaulted and arrested by NYPD- even after knowing his rights and proving to the officer that he had not broken any laws.

The video, which was filmed at the Lorimer Street/Metropolitan Avenue station around 1:30 am on Friday, begins with Kalleen already explaining to the officer that he is not breaking any laws.

Infact, he cites the exact law the officer needs to look up to prove he was well within his rights. Kalleen has become well versed with this law, as he informed us that this is at least the 6th time he has been asked to stop. He has previously only received tickets- which he is also fighting through a Civilian Complaint Review Board investigation.

The officer continues to claim that he cannot play on the platform unless he has a permit, to which Kalleen asserts that he is incorrect. The officer demands he put down his guitar or be subject to arrest.

The officer then searches for the law on his cellphone, and reads out loud just how mistaken he was.

Section 1050.6c of the MTA’s “Rules of Conduct“states:

Except as expressly permitted in this subdivision, no person shall engage in any nontransit uses upon any facility or conveyance. Nontransit uses are noncommercial activities that are not directly related to the use of a facility or conveyance for transportation. The following nontransit uses are permitted by the Authority, provided they do not impede transit activities and they are conducted in accordance with these rules: public speaking; campaigning; leafletting or distribution of written noncommercial materials; activities intended to encourage and facilitate voter registration; artistic performances, including the acceptance of donations.
Applause breaks out among the on lookers as the clearly confused cop finishes reading.

In typical NYPD fashion, this officer is not about to let some silly little thing like the law get in his way.

As Kalleen gears up to get back to performing for his adoring crowd, the officer begins yelling about how he is being kicked out of the platform, and must leave, either “by force” or on his own.

The officer begins to get more agitated, calls for backup, and walks away. Kalleen stands his ground and refuses to leave and starts to play Pink Floyd’s ‘Wish You Were Here,’ to a round of applause.

The Officer comes back, slaps his hand off of the guitar and removes it, yet Kalleen keeps singing- finishing up the song to another large round of applause.

Still refusing to back down and admit he was wrong, the officer is then scolded and questioned by the witnesses of this insane harassment.

The rights-defending musician begins to play another song, causing the severely frustrated cop to call over another officer, before bashing Kalleen in the face with his guitar and handcuffing him.

“That song I start singing at the end, Ohio by Neil Young, is about the Kent State shootings. Maybe you know. That was 45 years ago now. There was a lot of momentum back then. I know this is nothing compared to that, but it is still an absolutely absurd occurrence. I want to inspire momentum.”
Kalleen told The Free Thought Project.
The crowd boo’s, and screams of “**** the police” echoed through the platform as he is dragged away.

We spoke with Kalleen to find out what happened next.

“While we were riding in the car back to the precinct, the officer was frantically looking through his phone for something to charge me with.” he explained.
They ended up charging him under Penal law 240.35 06, loitering for the purposes of entertainment unless otherwise authorized, Kalleen argues that 1050.6c gives him authorization.

“As far as a statement I’d say not to put all the blame on the cop. This is a symptom of a much larger problem.
It is everyone’s responsibility to move our society’s values to a mindset where this sort of thing is unthinkable. We need to recognize that we have allowed ourselves to continue to live in a police state.” he told us.
We asked him if he had any recommendations for what he believes people should be doing to combat the police state.

“One thing that everyone (who’s interested) can do is to keep in conversation about the things that need to change. Practice within your circles where you feel safe, but then expand out so that your ideas can spread. And be respectful of others’ points of view. Persuade people to see your side (if your theories are sound this should work), don’t chastise them for thinking otherwise. Because essentially I think as a culture we need an entire mindset overhaul—in some areas—on what is valuable in this life, how to respect each other’s right to be, and what it means to really own the title ‘land of the free.'”
Kalleen continued on to say,

“And ‘keep in conversation’ sounds a bit platitudinous, but if you take it seriously, do it with intention, and with the goal of changing your world, it can be extremely powerful. You might find yourself in a situation like I was, and it is nice to have practiced what to say and how to say it.“

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nypd-assault-arrest-subway-musician-reading-broke-law/#LIhLXBxVHtJL7Ymu.99
FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 07:18 pm

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 09:21 pm
@FBM,
You will comply citizen... You do what I say or else!
giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 09:32 pm
Nothing new here...2 vids no brutality in the first one...(if the cops Supervisor says bust em you bust em.)
Second one...cant tell ANYTHING from this vid...and your assumption that something is wrong is colored by your prjudice...I will have to reserve comment till more is shown.

SO WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THE POLICE???
You are so transparent
FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 10:13 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You will comply citizen... You do what I say or else!

Yup. That's the prevailing mentality among too many, seems.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 10:22 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Nothing new here...2 vids no brutality in the first one...(if the cops Supervisor says bust em you bust em.)
Second one...cant tell ANYTHING from this vid...and your assumption that something is wrong is colored by your prjudice...I will have to reserve comment till more is shown.

You are so transparent

I see 100 cases of cops being assholes for every 1 I see of a good deed done by them. I'm reflecting the results of my searches. If you want to cherry-pick, go ahead. But I'm pretty confident, based on what I've seen so far, that for every act of kindness you find, I'll be able to find a couple dozen more of the opposite. The fact that it's so much easier to find instances and statistics supporting the position that we have a problem with police brutality/militarization/racism is pretty telling in itself. Unless you're a tin-foil hat, conspiracy theorist.

You have still failed to respond to:

Quote:
UN Condemns U.S. Police Brutality, Calls For 'Stand Your Ground' Review

* Panel issues recommendations after review of U.S. record

* Says killing of Michael Brown "not an isolated event"

* Decries racial bias of police, pervasive discrimination

* ACLU calls for addressing racial inequality in America

GENEVA, Aug 29 (Reuters) - The U.N. racism watchdog urged the United States on Friday to halt the excessive use of force by police after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager by a white policeman touched off riots in Ferguson, Missouri.

Minorities, particularly African Americans, are victims of disparities, the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) said after examining the U.S. record.

"Racial and ethnic discrimination remains a serious and persistent problem in all areas of life from de facto school segregation, access to health care and housing," Noureddine Amir, CERD committee vice chairman, told a news briefing.

Teenager Michael Brown was shot dead by a white police officer on Aug. 9, triggering violent protests that rocked Ferguson - a St. Louis suburb - and shone a global spotlight on the state of race relations in America.

"The excessive use of force by law enforcement officials against racial and ethnic minorities is an ongoing issue of concern and particularly in light of the shooting of Michael Brown," said Amir, an expert from Algeria.

"This is not an isolated event and illustrates a bigger problem in the United States, such as racial bias among law enforcement officials, the lack of proper implementation of rules and regulations governing the use of force, and the inadequacy of training of law enforcement officials."

The panel of 18 independent experts grilled a senior U.S. delegation on Aug. 13 about what they said was persistent racial discrimination against African-Americans and other minorities, including within the criminal justice system.

U.S. Ambassador Keith Harper told the panel that his nation had made "great strides toward eliminating racial discrimination" but conceded that "we have much left to do".

Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson, who shot Brown, has been put on paid leave and is in hiding. A St. Louis County grand jury has begun hearing evidence and the U.S. Justice Department has opened its own investigation.

Police have said Brown struggled with Wilson when shot. But some witnesses say Brown held up his hands and was surrendering when he was shot multiple times in the head and chest.

More at link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/30/un-police-brutality-stand-your-ground_n_5740734.html

Please. Show us exactly how it is you're so much smarter and righter than the UN. Tell us how the very US ambassador to the UN is wrong when he admits that we've still got a problem. Show us how it is that you know so much better than all these experts. http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/35_zps521e2402.gif
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 10:30 pm
Quote:
NYPD probing report that EMTs stopped four cops beating handcuffed man

(Reuters) - The New York Police Department said on Tuesday it was investigating a report that two emergency medical technicians jumped in to stop four police officers who were punching a handcuffed patient.

The NYPD's Internal Affairs unit was looking into the report that the officers repeatedly struck a shackled and handcuffed patient on a stretcher before the New York Fire Deparment EMTs intervened to end the beating, an NYPD spokesman said.

He declined to confirm details of the July 20 incident at the 67th Precinct station house in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn, which was first reported by the New York Daily News.

Fire Department officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Citing an FDNY report, the Daily News said the police officers and the EMTs had been called to the station house to help transport the patient, who was combative and banging his head against the wall, to a nearby hospital.

The emotionally disturbed patient spit on the officers and swore at them, and they responded by hitting him in the face, pulling him off the stretcher to the ground and then hurling him back onto the stretcher, the Daily News said.

An excerpt of the Fire Department report quoted in the Daily News said: "Pt. (patient) was struck in the face by an officer ... pt. Spit in the face of an officer, whereupon the officer punched the pt. in the face multiple times."

He spit at the officer again, and more officers started slugging him, the report said.

"Three cops began to punch the patient in the face, EMS (had) to get in the middle of it to intervene. Pt's wounds and injuries cleaned in the (ambulance)," the report said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/05/us-usa-new-york-police-idUSKBN0G51I620140805
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 06:24 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

You are so transparent

Why haven't you? For every bad cop story (of which there seems to be an endless supply) why don't you post a good cop story?

No one, not even FBM thinks every cop is a douche. But I sure hope that you don't believe that there are no cops that are douche's. There are plenty of them out there and it is important to show how these douches are eroding the general rights of the American public. We are no longer assumed innocent until proven guilty, we now have to prove our innocence and even then Americans almost always lose something.

The police need to be de-militarized and reminded of what there jobs actually are, to protect and serve, not pummel and execute.
parados

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:04 am
@giujohn,
Quote:

What in the **** does this have to do with why amored cars are necessary to serve a warrant DUMB ASS?

What does some mild mannered man flying a plane into a building have to do with armored cars?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 06:57 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

giujohn wrote:

You are so transparent

Why haven't you? For every bad cop story (of which there seems to be an endless supply) why don't you post a good cop story?

No one, not even FBM thinks every cop is a douche. But I sure hope that you don't believe that there are no cops that are douche's. There are plenty of them out there and it is important to show how these douches are eroding the general rights of the American public. We are no longer assumed innocent until proven guilty, we now have to prove our innocence and even then Americans almost always lose something.

The police need to be de-militarized and reminded of what there jobs actually are, to protect and serve, not pummel and execute.

Thank you for that.
FBM

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:02 pm
A very good read about rampant and widespread police corruption by Frank Serpico (yeah, that one):

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/the-police-are-still-out-of-control-112160_full.html?cmpid=sf#.VFHFcPmUdS0
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:10 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So what does this have to do with your "logic?"
Quote:
I recall providing you with a link to an African treaty that bans civilians from having many types of guns that civilians should rightly have access to.

It was an "additional thought". It was unrelated to my logic, which was devoted to confronting your paradigm of presuming a need for me to show the existence of a gun ban treaty.

I just thought that, after I had dispensed with the notion that I needed to show the existence of a gun ban treaty, I'd also remind you that I had in fact shown you such a treaty.
parados

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 07:15 am
@oralloy,
So in other words you were just trying to detract from your never having presented any evidence of a UN treaty taking guns away from US citizens by changing the subject to Africa. Gosh. Who would have thought you would do such a thing?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:54 am
@parados,
Who, indeed! LOL
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:43 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So in other words you were just trying to detract from your never having presented any evidence of a UN treaty taking guns away from US citizens by changing the subject to Africa.

The issue was not confined to US citizens, but was about a UN treaty taking guns away from civilians (no nationality specified).

However, had the issue actually been limited to treaties that apply US citizens, I would have confronted it head on with the same argument I used for the issue that was actually under discussion (i.e. I would have pointed out that the NRA prevents such a treaty from passing, but there is much evidence that the UN has tried their best to create it).
parados

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Now he's aligened with the UN. That fits his agenda...they want ALL fire arms in the U.S confiscated even from police leaving guns ONLY in the hands of the military...THEIRS!
Sound familar...ADOLF?

Actually, it was confined to US unless you are now going to argue that Africa is part of the US.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 05:01 am
@FBM,
Quote:
could be simply a continuation of bullying behavior that they exhibit elsewhere also, could be that more and more psych wards are allowing their inpatients internet access.

Ah, yes, there are so very many reasons that account for bizarre behavior on the Internet, like sexual abuse, or being raised in a dysfunctional home with one or two parents who abuse alcohol and or drugs for starters. "Bullying," is another chief reason, which might play a vital role, especially when young. A child, having been bullied brutally, might grow up to be the biggest baddest bully of them all....noticeably via relationships, including home life, businesses, but primarily on the Internet where others do not know said anonymous poster and cannot see him/her. It is on the Internet where this individual excels, deriving a sense of power, which they lacked when young, by trying to tyrannize and belittle others into submission.

The Internet serves so many distinctive purposes.....it being a perfect medium tool via integrating some mental patients gradually into the virtual public arena as your statement above indicates. There is a niche for them within the realm of the world wide web for how often do we encounter the eccentric outsider on these sites. Yet, not all abnormal posters preside in a mental ward; some mentally challenged remain in the home, often with parents and their computer; one realize these posters possess a problem by their strange unorthodox views.