2014 NFL PickUm Game

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 11:14 am
@panzade,
If anyone needed an NFL player getting kicked out of the league to realize punching a women in the face is unacceptable...
panzade

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 12:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not rising to the bait bro....
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:58 pm
@panzade,
No bait. You made the first comment and I replied. I'm OK leaving it there.
This thread is for fun.
panzade

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's all good....yup
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 05:09 pm
WEEK #2 PREDICTIONS
We got off to a bit of rocky start, going 5-16 in the Thursday game.
We are unanimous in picking Seattle over San Diego and Denver vs Kansas City. Only Rhys selects Chicago against San Francisco while Jauman is alone is choosing the Jets at Green Bay.
Indianapolis gets 12 votes and Philadelphia attracts 9 of us. It is the lone tossup this week.
The majority agrees on 80% of our picks vs 72% in week 1.

LiontamerX thinks like the herd on every game, followed by JohnBoy who is out of step on just one.
At the other extreme is Jauman. He disagrees from the majority on 7 matches. Finn is right behind at 6.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 05:18 pm
I so don't remember liontamer as herd in general, guffawing, but maybe in this case.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 09:45 am
This year, for the 2nd season, I am going to try to see if I can organize us into teams: 21 players divided into 5 teams.
I thought about arranging us by height. I abandoned that, however, since I have met only 7 of you.
I settled on the (much hated by me) alphabetical order of names.
In week 1, the team that includes Cowdoc and Coastalrat is off to a strong start although they were weighed down by a bad effort by AndyD.
CoastalRat

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 12:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
Wouldn't it be 7 teams of 3? I was always pretty good at math, but with all this talk about new math and different ways of figuring things, maybe I'm wrong.
Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 01:27 pm
@CoastalRat,
... or 3 teams of 7
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 01:38 pm
@Ragman,
or 21 teams -
Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 04:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Man, are the Houston Texans putting an old fashioned arse-kicking on the Fraiders!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 05:05 pm
@Ragman,
The refs felt sorry for the Raiders and gave them a pass interference that led to them making a touchdown. Did you notice that David Carr and Matt Shaub are Raiders instead of Texans.
Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 05:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
I did. Pretty ironic, eh? Did you mean Derek Carr? (Brother of the older Carr.)

I also noticed JJ Watt caught a TD when he lined up at TE. He is starting to look like a steal at $100 M!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 05:46 pm
@Ragman,
I get those Carrs mixed up. If Clowney comes back and lives up to his billing, the Texans defense will truly be awesome. As for Watt, I think his popularity around here exceeds even Earl Campbell, in his heyday.
Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 06:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wow! That's saying something, I understand. I recently saw a documentary program on Earl...perhaps it was 30-30. He was an amazing player and is an amazing man and a true survivor. I remember him with old Oilers back when Bum was coach.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 06:50 pm
Earl is still with us. Sadly, Bum and the Oilers owner, Bud Adams have passed away.
Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 06:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
yeah, that documentary showed him at present. amazing recovery considering all of his health issues. I really liked Bum back in the day. he was an original.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 07:03 pm
Did you see San Francisco's first touchdown. They should have had delay of game.
Ragman

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 09:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
nope, I missed it. I hope to see the replay on Espn's coverage.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 05:09 am
Well, there's a fine pickle. I thought I had emailed everything from my home to my work computer, but it appears I did not. So I cannot be 100% sure the following is accurate. But Mz CowDoc and CoastalRat are tied with 10 wins. She has Philly tonight while I have Indy. Seems to me that with the Chicago win last night, someone else tied us, but I won't know until I get home tonight.