Recipe?!

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:18 pm
I have:

1 box white cake mix
Blueberries
Blackberries
Strawberries
A large grocery store 2 miles away.

What is the most delicious and best thing I can do with these things?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,822 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

Butrflynet

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 07:46 pm
@McGentrix,
This cobbler is made with frozen berries. I see no reason why fresh berries could not be used. You might have to adjust the baking time a bit for the fresh ones.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_tU4mvgz68g/TazRWzJZtzI/AAAAAAAAENY/v5frKoDaXhw/s400/IMG_3199.JPG

Berry Cobbler
Source: srkautz
Fat: 2.9 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Protein: 1.4 g
Old Points: 3 pt
Points+: 4 pts+
Approximately 1 can of diet 7-up or other clear soda

Instructions
Place frozen fruit in a buttered 9x13 baking dish. Mix the cake mix and can of diet pop in a bowl, then pour it over the frozen berries!

Bake 350 for 45-50 min or longer until berries are cooked.
0 Replies

JoeBaker

Wed 10 Sep, 2014 03:09 am
@McGentrix,
Hi McGentrix........
You can make the fruit pizza with these. And use the white cake as desert after the pizza. We all love pizza here, and i don't think there is any other food delicious than pizza. Here is simple recipe for fruit pizza-
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Lightly spray a 12-inch round pizza pan with butter.
Combine flour and confectioners sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pizza pan to make a crust.
Bake in preheated oven until very lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool it.
Beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup white sugar, and almond extract until smooth; spread over completely cooled crust. Arrange strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi decoratively over cream cheese mixture.
Mix pineapple juice, 1/2 cup white sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly and drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled.
You can add white cake on the base after chilled and then arrange strawberries and blueberries on that.
0 Replies