Should I be worried about my marriage?

Kaa

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 06:17 pm
Today I paid a $2.50 library fine. My husband got mad over it. First, while we were at the library, he didn't talk to me for half an hour. While we were leaving I told him I was mad at him for getting so angry. He thought it was ridiculous I was mad over his apparently justified anger. He said if I ever said anything like that again, he would punch me in the face. So, I stood there and told him to punch me in the face. His reply was, "Not now, I'll punch you in the face next time you say it".

I began to walk away for some alone time. He ran towards me and tightly grabbed my wrist, refusing to let go. Once I got away, I started running. He ran at me again and this time grabbed me around my waist. I told him I didn't want to be around him while he was threatening me and grabbing me. When I got away, he yelled, "You're going to regret this." And drove away.

He's been mean to me before, but never grabbed me or threatened to hit me. He always says he respects my religious beliefs as an atheist, but when he gets to talking about his interests he says people of religion are not as smart as atheists and that their beliefs are stupid, like unicorns and fairies.

What do I do about these problems?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 06:22 pm
@Kaa,
Kaa wrote:

Today I paid a $2.50 library fine. My husband got mad over it. First, while we were at the library, he didn't talk to me for half an hour. While we were leaving I told him I was mad at him for getting so angry. He thought it was ridiculous I was mad over his apparently justified anger. He said if I ever said anything like that again, he would punch me in the face. So, I stood there and told him to punch me in the face. His reply was, "Not now, I'll punch you in the face next time you say it".

I began to walk away for some alone time. He ran towards me and tightly grabbed my wrist, refusing to let go. Once I got away, I started running. He ran at me again and this time grabbed me around my waist. I told him I didn't want to be around him while he was threatening me and grabbing me. When I got away, he yelled, "You're going to regret this." And drove away.

He's been mean to me before, but never grabbed me or threatened to hit me. He always says he respects my religious beliefs as an atheist, but when he gets to talking about his interests he says people of religion are not as smart as atheists and that their beliefs are stupid, like unicorns and fairies.

What do I do about these problems?

Do you really have to ask???

He puts his hands on you in an aggressive and menacing manner...and tells you he is going to punch you in the fact!

C'mon.

You know the answer to your question.
xinbo0123

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 07:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think you should believe in it and you can do it well.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 07:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'd make sure I returned my library books on time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:49 pm
@Kaa,
Whack him with a cast iron frying pan and he'll be quiet for a while.
chai2

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
That works even better than a rolling pin.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:05 pm
@chai2,
Yeah, rolling pins are used while still in the honeymoon phase.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:05 pm
@Kaa,
Get rid of him. A $2.50 fine is nothing, he's trying to control you. He put his hands on you, he threatened you for daring to complain about his unreasonable reaction. If you stay with this jerk, you will become miserable because he won't stop with threatening to punch you in the face for defying him. Sooner or later you are going to be hurt while he screams "look what you made me do".

At least see a counselor either as a couple or by yourself, I doubt he will suddenly stop feeling a need to control your emotions and your behaviour. By this time, he may have told you he's sorry, he was stressed and you just snapped his last nerve. Don't believe him. He's a control freak.
0 Replies

elenahao

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 01:33 am
@Kaa,
Dear Kaa,
He try to punch you!!!I think no girl could bear it.He's power is stronger than you,it is fact.If he punsh you,how to protect yourself?
Just as saying this words from his mouse,you should get rid of him.
Anyhow,the above is my suggestion.I know you are so painful.But if you still go further with him,do you scare of him?
Or you should talk to him,if you threaten me,I will break our marriage.And then,you will see whether he could be nice to you.
If you have a child,pls consider your child situation before making a decision.
0 Replies