What if no religions are correct, but there still is a God?

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 07:15 am
@neologist,
There are 4 logic problems with your question. If there is a God and most religions have God then unless God is unimportant then the religions get the most important thing right. I am using your 'logic'.

2) Do you mean All correct or all wrong. What in life is ever that way?

3) Even in the perfect religion, would anyone attain to the correct understanding.

4) Isn't that a question that can only be answered personally, Unless you are insinuating force against others because you assume that you are correct always

This is a very disturbing question because there is no thought but plenty of emotion
Thomas33

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:27 pm
I 100% believe that to be the case. Religions are about as true as a videogame, however the reason for religion could very well be true.
God could exist, as a separate all-powerful force, but what's a logical view of God?

If God is the creator of evolution, as opposed to being the process of evolution itself, is that meant to imply that God wants to see trial and error, or that they themself aren't all-powerful?

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:19 am
@Thomas33,
Quote:
If God is the creator of evolution, as opposed to being the process of evolution itself, is that meant to imply that God wants to see trial and error, or that they themself aren't all-powerful?

Pretty good summary. I think it's the first (trial and error), and that without interfearance.

I've heard many versions of 'All is one, we are one, we are God' but I don't think any are honest. The most ardent advocate of 'we are all powerful' can be brought down with something as simple and common as a broken heart.
Thomas33

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:31 am
@Leadfoot,
I myself can't get my head around God wanting to see trial and error. At least, in the context that God doesn't need to see trial and error.

If God needs to see trial and error, what does that say about God? Overall I think there's a discrepancy between the reality of God as supreme and as a force that is dependent on a history of evolution.

What could the link be, between evolution and the source of existence?
rosborne979

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:33 am
@Thomas33,
Or there is no God. That solves the problem too. You're just ignoring the obvious.
Thomas33

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:52 am
@rosborne979,
But then where does ability derive from?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:12 am
@Thomas33,
Quote:

What could the link be, between evolution and the source of existence?

I can't be sure, but I think evolution was for plausible deniability. There is to be no smoking gun evidence for the source of existence. 'Making the evidence fit the hypothesis'? Maybe, maybe not.

If we are to find God, it must be in a different realm than understanding our physical existence.
Thomas33

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:42 am
@Leadfoot,
I completely understand what you mean. Perhaps that's the whole point: maybe God never intended for us to know of their existence because that's the condition of our existence. Life forms in the universe knowing about the creator violates the ability of the universe, because perhaps God's being able to create meant their not being able to know the creation, therefore the universe not knowing its own anti could be the means to balance.

I personally think the source of existence needs to be replicated.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 01:45 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

But then where does ability derive from?

Everything is natural dude. God just isn't required. It's really not that complicated.
neologist

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 10:39 am
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:
There are 4 logic problems with your question. . .
I know.
Why do you think I asked?
0 Replies

clueless7321

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 09:14 pm
@neologist,
I think they are all bits and pieces to a bigger picture we can't see right now.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 02:59 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
God just isn't required. It's really not that complicated.

Yep, life is so simple. Rocks and sun then add water - Poof! Life!
neologist

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 06:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
You forgot lightning.
Wasn't there lightning?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 09:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Yep, life is so simple. Rocks and sun then add water - Poof! Life!

I know, I know, you prefer pure *Poofism* over chemistry and time. I just find it easier to believe that there are chemical processes we don't yet understand than I do the Magic Sky Wizard hypothesis.
neologist

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:42 am
@rosborne979,
Emphasis on the words "don't understand"
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 12:50 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Is that the special, secret phrase of the day?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 04:33 am
When I was 4 and I used to hunt ants I was the God of the ant world...so what ?
...the kind of god ppl normally talk about if existing at all in any shape or form in relative relation to our place in reality is at best a big child. Now that out of the way talk about Being not god. The answer to that one gets far more tricky.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 04:48 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Emphasis on "Magic Sky Wizard"
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 04:55 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

neologist wrote:

Emphasis on "Magic Sky Wizard"

Emphasis on Emphasis
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 07:15 pm
When understanding fails, yell " magic sky wizard " or " There IS NO GOD!", your choice.