What if no religions are correct, but there still is a God?

evobulgarevo

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 12:14 pm
@neologist,
I don't think you need a religion to believe in God. And how would one go about defining God? What is God? Is God the creator of all this? If you define God as the creator, then there clearly must be a God because we exist.
FBM

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:32 pm
@evobulgarevo,
That only works if the universe was created, which is pretty much what the theist-atheist disagreement boils down to.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 04:17 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

That only works if the universe was created, which is pretty much what the theist-atheist disagreement boils down to.

Yeah...theists insist it was created...which is nothing but a blind guess.

Atheists insist it was not created...which is nothing but a blind guess.

Come to think of it...there really is no disagreement between theists and atheists. They both think blind guesses "prove" their point.
fresco

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:38 am
https://youtu.be/yF1p4qRkTZ8
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
...and just for you Frank
https://youtu.be/tSajE72Tpjs
0 Replies

manden

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 06:57 am
@neologist,
It is right , no religions are correct ! With reason and logic you can prove that , if you are not too much indoctrinated ( by religious education ) .
And the TRUE God , the real creator of the universe , exists !
You can recognize at the universe that he really exists - but that is very difficult for this ill mankind . I can show you the way , but everybody must recognize it for himself . With pre-fixations because of religion or human
ideologies I think there is no chance . But you can try it .
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2015 03:15 pm
@neologist,
Paul said all scriptures are God breathed... What a load of hocus pocus! I'm an alleged Christian and I don't see anywhere in the gospels where Lord Jesus approves of this fantasy. The only verse I can see is that "No one comes to the Father except through me" no one else whatsoever, including Paul or anyone else in the bible. I can hardly believe my eyes sometimes when I read these posts. Allegiance should be given to God only through Lord Jesus, not through Paul or anyone else in the bible. The words of Lord Jesus is the only God-breathed scriptures. There are a lot of horrible scriptures in the Old and NewTestament which I know he would be apalled by, and never consider God-breathed. That's why I do sometimes find other Christians strange and unusual. I became a Christian because Lord Jesus speaks a lot of moral truths beyond anyone I've known or read about. He's not greedy, sexist, anti-human or perverted, an amazing teacher of God.
neologist

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 01:48 am
@Amoh5,
Strange that you should say that because the entire Bible is a unified whole. Genesis 3:15 predicts Jesus' sacrifice and the eventual demise of Satan. The Mosaic Law prepared Israel for Jesus ministry. Jesus' death on the Passover of 33 CE was no coincidence and was timed in advance by Daniel. The book of Revelation was written by John before he wrote his gospel and relies heavily on the Hebrew writings.

I could fill many pages.

If Paul is not correct, then we have nothing on which to base our faith.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 02:52 am
@neologist,
Question begging upon assumptions upon question begging.

Paul was not correct. It's time to move on.
Amoh5

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 04:25 am
@neologist,
Then how would we define Lord Jesus saying "No one comes to the Father except through me" Was he meaning everyone else in the bible as well? Who is the true and only teacher in the bible? There seems to be a lot of confused people out there. I only follow the words of Lord Jesus, he is the only teacher I can trust. Some scriptures are quite horrible, I wouldn't call them God-breathed
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 07:08 am
@Amoh5,
My friend, There are over 5000 references/allusions/quotes to the Hebrew scriptures in the Christian Greek scriptures (exhaustive list available on request), they led people to Jesus, and therefore through him, there is no conflict.
Remember that Paul when writing to Timothy, just prior to verse 16 he had said
Quote:
15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

What scriptures did Timothy know from his infancy? Remember the Greek Scriptures had not yet been compiled, The foundation for belief in Jesus was built upon the Hebrew scriptures. If these would make him "wise for salvation through Jesus", and would also be "useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" and very specifically they would make him "thoroughly equipped for every good work."

So in short, Jesus is as he had said, the only way to his father, the Hebrew scriptures were for all intensive purposes the path that led to Jesus. They provided he method through which Jesus could be identified

neologist

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:01 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Question begging upon assumptions upon question begging.

Paul was not correct. It's time to move on.
OK.
Move on.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:23 am
@Smileyrius,
What I am trying to say is that I am not condemning all scriptures, only the ones that don't align with the humanitarian morals of Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus is not greedy, sexist, anti-human and perverted. If your allegiance to God is truely through Lord Jesus, you will know which scriptures are God-breathed and which scriptures are not. Like he said "No one comes to the Father except through me" meaning his sacred words and judgement are absolute. Therefore, Paul or the assumption that all scripture is God-breathed is incorrect. If you google "The dark bible" it will show you a lot of verses in the old and new testament that are horrible and are not Christian at all.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 01:24 pm
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I am not condemning all scriptures, only the ones that don't align with the humanitarian morals of Lord Jesus.
I have previously pointed out that his morals do not come close to aligning with the literal and commonly accepted definition of 'humanitarian morals'. They frequently are in direct contradiction to them.

He pointed this out himself. I don't think anyone can understand what lies behind this apparent contradiction, (in his words) 'unless you are born again'.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 01:55 pm
@Amoh5,
Which "horrible" scriptures bother you the most?
Amoh5

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2015 01:28 am
@neologist,
If you google "The dark bible" you will see a lot of scriptures there that bother me, but the most bothering I can think of at the moment is in Corinthians where it states that the head of a woman is a man and the head of a man is Christ. I personally think as a Christian, that God and Lord Jesus are the head of every man and woman. A man can only be the head of his family if he is deserving of it, that is by being honourable, righteous and respectable. Not just because he is a man, otherwise females would be open to abuse. I'm sure no (well) man loves to see his mother and sisters getting abused. I have read articles on the name "Jesus" like Iesus, Joshua, Yeoshua and Isa. From Greek to Latin to English etc etc. I know Jesus is not his proper Hebrew name, but when I pray I know which teacher I am referring to.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2015 08:37 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
the most bothering I can think of at the moment is in Corinthians where it states that the head of a woman is a man and the head of a man is Christ.
That concept is indeed bothersome and I fought against it for most of my life. It implied to me that women are somehow less than men and I wanted to place men and women on equal footing in every possible way. But ultimately I was forced by reality that there is something that inherently guides women to want a man to take the lead in some things. Dancing might be an example. But in allowing a man to take this role in no way diminishes the woman in any form or fashion.

If the way anyone interprets the man's role does that, they have adulterated whatever the factor is (I don't have a name for it). The prime example might be as Islam has used it but there are 'Christian' religions who are equally at fault.
FBM

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2015 07:26 pm
Rolling Eyes Jeebus.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 05:36 am
@Leadfoot,
That's why Leadfoot, if Lord Jesus didn't say all scriptures were God-breathed, then I don't believe anyone who says that. A man can only be the head of a woman or his family if he is respectable, honourable and righteous, not because he's a man, that would be absurd especially if he's a sicko. For me, only Lord Jesus is the absolute teacher. I don't care what the apostles have to say or anyone else in the bible, only Lord Jesus. There's a lot of un-Christian verses in the old and new testament which I know Lord Jesus would not agree with. Lord Jesus is not greedy, sexist, anti-human or perverted, an amazing teacher of God and human morality. He is the only one who helped me understand myself and God. I gave my allegiance to God through Lord Jesus, not through anyone else whatsoever. I see myself as a child of God and Lord Jesus, not an apostle(in the bible sense that is) I'm not perfect, a superman or a magician, but I try my best to be a good Christian.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 09:49 am
@Amoh5,
Quote:
A man can only be the head of a woman or his family if he is respectable, honourable and righteous, not because he's a man, that would be absurd especially if he's a sicko.
I would think that righteousness would be a given since the scripture was talking about a man who accepted Jesus as his own 'head'.

Now you could legitimately point out that there are some 'sicko men' who claim Jesus as their head. I think Jesus said that there will be many who will claim that on his return and he said he will reply to them - 'I never knew you'.