How about a thread for restaurants you find interesting?

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 10:44 am
I'll start. I just read about this one, which I've never been to, though I have liked many other San Francisco restaurants.

This one has been in the same place for a century. Quite old fashioned food, but in a city with a lot of superb chefs cooking new often wonderful dishes, old fashioned food has its place.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6hqY5ZMb4s9Iyaf_GgoYllWzJXzWmL6r8zAJtzizkVJr6Wu_C

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2014/08/27/johns-grill-more-than-a-century-old-and-still-going-strong/

(Good slide show with the article)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,478 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 07:49 pm
Ah, well.

Meantime, Diane and I wandered into downtown Albuquerque and saw a place we sort of recognized, with new name, frenchy. She pulled over - it was the place we'd been to before and liked back then.

We liked the place highly again.

Best fish I've tasted in Albuquerque, home of horrible fish.

WE
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 07:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm not a restaurant shill.
Do some investigating.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 11:46 pm
Osso, you need to narrow down some as " interesting" is too broad. How about strange?

My nominees are Kapok tree inn clearwater florida and some little restaurant we happened across while hiking the mountains near Garmisch Germany. Kapok Tree Inn was so out there..... huge, live green stuff and statues everywhere, seemingly millions of separate spaces many of which you could eat a meal in. The Garmisch restaurant got to me because there seemed to be nothing leading to it other than paths, and I did not know it was there before I found it. Did they resupply it by tunnel? I expect so.
0 Replies