How to end a relationship of 6years?

Linkat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 04:44 pm
@Germlat,
I would guess I am not traditional -- wonder if growing up with all brothers could have an impact.
Germlat

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 04:48 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I would guess I am not traditional -- wonder if growing up with all brothers could have an impact.

I find it quite amusing ...sistah go!!
TyrionGuy

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 05:18 am
@panzade,
Thank you... Glad I could provide some joy, while being in this miserable situation...

kidding!
ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:16 am
@Germlat,
the lips didn't tell you Linkat was a goil?

silly puppy!
ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:16 am
@TyrionGuy,
ok, so what's the plan, Stan?
TyrionGuy

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 11:34 am
@ehBeth,
Oh you guys want follow-up?

well the plan is to have a talk... the talk, offer all the best answers to her questions, try not to feel guilty and change my mind, resist the temptation to hug her when she cries and leave to my parents' place for a week or so, so that she can take to her parents' everything that is hers...

oh and place her in suicide watch...
panzade

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:05 pm
@TyrionGuy,
Quote:
oh and place her in suicide watch...

Oh come on....is she blackmailing you with this threat?
Or are you being facetious?
TyrionGuy

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 03:54 pm
@panzade,
Lol. No she wouldn't do that.... her life at her parents is that awful.

At least depression-watch
0 Replies

TyrionGuy

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Well guys..... it's done... We're through...

We actually started arguing in the living room and at some point she says "I think we're both afraid to admit we're not meant to be"...

One thing led to another and it's over.... I feel so sad for making her feel this way... I just don't even know what to feel... just feeling terribly sad for making her feel this way.. this will become clearer in a few weeks...

that's it...
jespah

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:01 pm
@TyrionGuy,
I think it's infinitely better that she's the one who said it. I feel it means she'll be a lot more okay than you had feared.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:08 pm
@TyrionGuy,
Um. She gets it too.

Plenty of us have been bereft in many ways. Not that I don't understand, I do, but that yours is not an isolated situation, and seems to be a wise conclusion.

And now you are sorry she will understand? For making her feel bad? just be honest.

Get a grip away from drama. Or is it you like drama? Well, we all are into drama in these things, so I don't mean to gnaw at you about it.
TyrionGuy

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 09:14 pm
@ossobuco,
Obviously I'm relieved it's over but at the moment just overwhelmed from all the crying from her... Just makes me sad too... As soon as all her stuff is gone, all the bedsheets are washed from her perfume all the physical memories are gone it will be easier....

I hate drama, I run from it, but when I'm the one who caused it, it's difficult to get away... I'll be reporting back from time to time... it's 4a.m. here.
glitterbag

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 09:40 pm
@ossobuco,
It's good to move on before there are children to take care of, then everyone is stuck until the inevitable break. Get it over before more people are added to the mix.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 09:49 pm
@TyrionGuy,
I don't say you caused it.

Get a grip, I say.

ossobuco

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 09:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Ms Pissy has a views, don't get me going,

but,

listen to yourself.

60 years is a long time.

Ten can be hell too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 10:43 pm
@TyrionGuy,
TyrionGuy wrote:
at some point she says "I think we're both afraid to admit we're not meant to be"...

she knew

it's good that she was able to say that

_____

it'll be painful for both of you for a while, but you both know this wasn't right so it's good that the step was taken
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2014 10:44 pm
@TyrionGuy,
TyrionGuy wrote:
Just makes me sad too.

that's very natural

take care of yourself and do check in - come and have fun with us on some other threads
0 Replies

Germlat

Sat 30 Aug, 2014 02:19 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

the lips didn't tell you Linkat was a goil?

silly puppy!

Seriously, no. I see it now. Laughing
Linkat

Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:55 am
@TyrionGuy,
I'm glad for you it is done. Of course you will be sad, but do you feel better as in a certain amount of relief? That this is right even though hard and sad?
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:58 am
@Germlat,
I can't view my picture any more (or anyone else's) my computer safety stuff where some pix I can't see. Am I Mr. Limpet or Lady fish? I was once Mr. Limpet so I could see you not knowing.