MENSA QUESTION

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 05:15 am
@luismtzzz,
If you want a real answer - Not that this is always the best source but wikipedia does say that in certain countries they move counter clockwise and others clockwise.

My mention of the toliet movement of southern vs northern hemispheres was meant as a joke. And David who is often times on here has mentioned several times how he is a mensa member.

Though talk of a merry go round/carousel is interesting as I have always loved them. There is one I remember going on that instead of the horses going up and down they were on springs and you as a rider were to move in such a way as to get them to move. I picked the most beautiful one to ride -- and the man operating the machine stood near me and helped me move the horse, he also told me the story about the carousel and how this was the lead horse. Yes, many carousel have a lead horse which makes your riddle all the more interesting.

luismtzzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 01:45 pm
@Linkat,
Of course i know it was a joke. I was just playing along Link.

I think the first time i heard of the coriolis effect was watching a Simpsons episode when Bart does not belives that water goes the other way on the southern hemisphere and messes up with the Australian pairlament. It was hilarious.
Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 04:47 pm
@luismtzzz,
That may be a first - mensa and simpson in the same thought.

I've had people take me seriously here before as I do have an odd sense of humor.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 03:20 am
@luismtzzz,
How does the water drain at the equator, straight down? Now, I begin to wonder if it swirls faster in the polar regions.
0 Replies