nature of a pool bar

grant87

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:43 am
please what is the nature of a pool bar??

roger

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 12:35 pm
@grant87,
That's a tough one. I would expect it to be a bar serving lots of beer, with a couple of pool tables. It's somewhat possible it could be a bar serving drinks in an area with a swimming pool. Without context, I would expect one with pool tables.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 12:55 pm
@roger,
Thay have swim-up Blackjack in the Tropicana in Las Vegas.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 01:16 pm
A swimming pool bar came to mind when I read the thread title.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:56 pm
@grant87,
Could you kindly tell us what the hell you are talking about?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:58 pm
@grant87,
without a context, I would expect this to mean a swim-up bar in a pool at a resort

but who knows?
panzade

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 09:49 am
@ehBeth,
http://femour.com/files/2013/05/321057_446359792084744_128612610_n1.jpg
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 10:36 am
So, then, what exactly is the question?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 03:27 pm
@grant87,
I always used to worry about being at a pool bar -- I figure what the heck is to stop the guy next to you after he had a few beers from just peeing where he sat rather than get up and use the proper facilities.

That to me is the nature of a pool bar.
panzade

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 04:26 pm
@Linkat,
That's why when I'm at the pool bar at Marsh Harbor Abacos I always sit next to a girl...they don't do that kind of stuff.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 04:32 pm
@Linkat,
Now I don't feel stupid having thought of that. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 04:59 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I always used to worry about being at a pool bar -- I figure what the heck is to stop the guy next to you after he had a few beers from just peeing where he sat rather than get up and use the proper facilities.

That to me is the nature of a pool bar.

If I had fears like that, I'd be afraid to ever get into any pool at all. That verges on paranoia.

Btw, do you realize that human urine, as it comes from its source, is virtually sterile? It quickly becomes a useful medium for the growth of bacteria but at its inception it has no bacteria at all.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 06:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I used to design pools (many), but none quite fit this description. If there was a bar/bbq area, sometimes a pool house with bathroom/s, sometimes outdoor showers. Anway, this was all separate and people didn't sit in the pool like the photo shows. I have seen those in Mexico though.

On bacteria, Andy, you're completely correct except when that's not true, when someone has an infection of some sort. Usually the pool chemicals will be in a zap-that mode. Also, that's another reason for an outdoor shower.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 05:23 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Well it never stopped me from hanging out at a pool bar. I would just wonder if I saw someone sitting too long if they were using the pool as a toliet. I figure there is so much chemicals in the water I am pretty safe.

Even if the pee is so called sterile - it really doesn't thrill me much to be standing or sitting in pee. And besides as you said it doesn't take long for bacteria to set in - so by the time it hits me, it could be bacteria full.

It is funny how you don't wonder about women doing that - about us women folk. Maybe because you see them getting up so much to use the facilities.

Even so I have been in many a pool bar (more in my 20s and 30s) - not sure why the idea of sitting in water on a stool while drinking alcohol is so appealing, but I have enjoyed it myself.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » nature of a pool bar
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:08:35