Not receiving email notifications from any of my groups

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:18 am
I have notifications set to "all posts" for several groups I'm in, but I stopped getting any notifications of new posts. I do get notifications after I write something in a thread, but I never get any new notifications to new posts. I can't think of anything else to try. Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 372 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:24 am
@okactuary,
It's possible (I have my FB notifications just about 100% off so I'm not certain) that the group new post notifications have a differing sender or a different email header, possibly both. Your email program might be binning the group notifications in part, in particular if they all have the same (or nearly the same) email header verbiage.

Have you checked your spam folder and/or contacted your email provider to make sure that you get the emails you want to see? Tell them that there are false positives as they should be able to tweak the settings.
okactuary

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:49 am
@jespah,
I wondered that too, but I see no spam in that folder, and I never set my spam settings to "on." Even before it hits Outlook, I see no spam in any folders by using Cox web mail. I wonder if I need to bring up to Cox, my ISP?
jespah

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 11:01 am
@okactuary,
I'd try 'em (nothing ventured, nothing gained). FB might be smacking against some unseen limit that they've got, or something in their algorithms.
0 Replies