A2K14 Fantasy Football is here!

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 10:56 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I'd be happier if Oakland had better WRs.

Since I own one of those WRs, I'd be happier if Oakland had better QBs.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 02:09 am
I missed the draft, so I got stuck with some players I didnt want.
I am already making some moves to correct that.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 04:08 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

thack45 wrote:
I drafted a kicker who was cut yesterday

If it makes you feel any better, George's kicker was cut a week ago, and he drafted him in Round 12.

That does console me, yes. My strategy of keeping my team name as "Team Name" must've rattled him
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 05:59 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, George's kicker was cut a week ago, and he
drafted him in Round 12.
Doesn't count. I was on my second martini.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 06:00 am
Who did I draft?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 09:03 am
I get all football task oriented a week or ten days before the draft, since I was either stung early on by guys who had been cut being on the list, or noticed that. Then I go through and put aside all the people I disregard as possibles... or at least within the first couple of hundred names, keeping some, natch, in the maybe list in the middle (default setting). This takes forever, but has its uses as I start to remember names. Then I put the remaining preferred names in the order I like, and this takes more forever and ever. Then I look for last minute cuts or injuries. Then I get sick of football....
No, not really, but it's a relief to get all that studying fun over with for several months.

This does not mean that my choices are smart, heh, but I recognize a lot of names on all our teams. Sometimes I'm envious (oh, gads, he got Brees!) and sometimes I blink, remembering I didn't like some player, for better or worse.

Now I get to relax and see how wrong I have been, either way, in my many quick judgements.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 09:57 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
So, who's happy?

Not thrilled, but overall I'm pretty happy.

Not real excited about Yahoo inexplicably picking a player for me that I didn't want.

Christine Michael is an awesome player, at least.

I was sort of pushed into a high-risk, high-reward strategy by my draft position; every time my turn came up, I wasn't really pleased with the currently available talent, so I decided to just start reaching for guys I thought would have a good year, despite the fact that they were farther down in ADP than my pick called for.

I also apparenlty have like 9 RBs, I'll be proferring some trades here in a bit.

Yahoo grades the draft based on how you did re: ADP/pick, so I got a C. But I'm overall quite happy and can see myself winning a lot of weeks. That is, if Kelvin Benjamin is the Real Deal.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:15 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Yeh - I looked at your picks and thought C was just wrong..
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:45 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Yeh - I looked at your picks and thought C was just wrong..

Too much unproven talent on the team. K. Benjamin, J. Hill - rookies. C. Patterson, new QB (and basically still a rookie); M. Ball, new to starting role; G. Tate, new team; R. Jennings, new team. I can see how someone would look at that team and think it's a giant crap shoot, because it is.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I can like crap shoots though - I've got some '0' s on my team as well (the most of any of us). All those you name were on my list somewhere.. they had made it past my cuts.

George

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 11:26 am
I got a D+ and an absolutely scathing review.
Same thing last year and I made it to the semi-finals.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 12:03 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I can like crap shoots though - I've got some '0' s on my team as well (the most of any of us). All those you name were on my list somewhere.. they had made it past my cuts.

Yup.

I'm in the market for WR's, btw, folks, if anyone needs some additional help at RB.

Cheers
Cyclo
George

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 01:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I got this kicker you might be interested in.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 02:26 pm
D+ for me too. I was wondering why I felt like I was a pick behind where I wanted to be for most of the draft.. turns out I totally forgot I'd already selected two tailbacks before I picked up LeBong Bell. Oops. Luckily the yahoo rankings and projections are garbage--but my team is meh
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 02:32 pm
@thack45,
The reporters seem obsessed with bye week.

Yes, some of us have two kickers. I like to try them out. Some of us have two defenses. I usually don't carry two of both - or even either - for much of the season. Such scolds.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 06:47 pm
The A2k NFL pick-um game returns for its 10th or 11th year. I invite you to join us.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 02:46 am
I didnt get a RB till the seventh round, but I got 2 QB's.
The problem is, they both have a bye on the same week, so I need to get rid of 1.

So, Andrew Luck or Philip Rivers, who do I get rid of and who can I get in return.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 06:00 am
Uh-oh ... I scored a B+, the top grade of the draft. No pressure.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:20 am
@mysteryman,
I think we can discuss a running back for one of those gentlemen.
fbaezer

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:34 am
My team got a B, but was scolded by for being too "low risk".
Isn't that supposed to be a virtue?
0 Replies