Why do we deliberately fool ourselves?

One Eyed Mind

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:00 pm
@fresco,
Considering that the human experience is connected to the "eternal eye", we are the zero; we don't need to go any further than the zero point, to know the zero point.
0 Replies

fresco

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:07 pm
@neologist,
Very Happy What did I tell you !
neologist

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:10 pm
@fresco,
You are a more sophisticated observer than I am. Polpot was around for 1 day and a handful of plops, er posts. Yet, you found him.

On the other hand, good old Romeo stayed for nearly a year and 1000s of fabuliniisms.

I wish him no ill, BTW. But he has been gone a month.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:11 pm
@fresco,
What I learned in life is that,

when people can't laugh, truth has died.

When people can laugh, truth is hidden.

So when you see people laugh at a comedian speaking the truth by irony, it's because they don't understand the comedian, but the truth is hidden somewhere in their words because of the irony is there.

When someone does not laugh, it's because there is no truth.
neologist

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:12 pm
@fresco,
You zeroed in on it, for sure. Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:12 pm
Spendius is absent...and that bothers me a hell of a lot more than any of the others mentioned here.
fresco

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:20 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
If it's laughs (or truth) you are after, try changing your handle to Cock Eyed Mind .
One Eyed Mind

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:23 pm
@fresco,
You're making jokes about me, when you don't understand me, therefore the irony is not in me - it's in you, my friend.

I know these games people play - every aspect of it. You can twist and turn and play word games, but I see through it all because I truly do not live for myself - I live for the Universe and everything which encompasses it.

A child laughing at a wise man, is not the same as a crowd laughing at a funny man.
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Agreed.
0 Replies

MWal

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 11:59 am
@coincidence,
It says it in the good book. To hear the word of the Father Love, who you have trampled on. The Love is the wisdom of the book.
neologist

Tue 16 Sep, 2014 02:31 pm
@MWal,
Is it a coincidence that the OP has departed the forum?
0 Replies

Uncanny

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 02:05 pm
@coincidence,
I thin some people just find comfort in being spiritual. My mother is a strong Christian. She's an older lady 67, and has no desire in learning about evolution. Most people on here focus the destruction they believe religion has caused, but in reality we are human. With it without religion, we will find a reason to kill, wage war, fight, ridicule, and hate. Personally what I see, in my mothers beliefs, is it brings her comfort in situations that she needs a friend. It makes guides her to be a better person. In summary it brings her joy in her life, and honestly I envy it. She knows in the back of her mind that there is science out there that may disprove her religion, but she isn't the type of woman to give up on things either. We live in the Bible Belt in Arkansas, where cost of living is extremely low and average income for a college grad is 35k annually. She managed start a 23.6 million dollar/yr wholesale company that she has been successfull with the last 10 years. So I wouldn't really call her an idiot either. In short... You live with your morals, what you find right and wrong. That's maybe just their set of morals. A guideline to life.
One Eyed Mind

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 02:13 pm
@Uncanny,
In other words, people are cowards.

Thank you for the news flash.

I do not live by gods, morals, rules and such - I live for the Universe; not I, not them, not soon to be - I live for all.
Uncanny

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 02:37 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
People are all sorts of things, as you can see arrogant, greedy, cruel, and cowardly. And those people fall under every belief. Do you live for the universe, or did you evolve to destroy its rarest creation.
One Eyed Mind

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 02:41 pm
@Uncanny,
What people are doing is NOT evolving. They are on RED frequency, not green; not blue or purple.

Everything people do NOW, is everything wise men do NOT do. The people are living IN THE IGNORANCE, DEATH AND UNBORN. They refuse to change and to evolve from their red frequencies, because of "fear" and "doubt".

Is not a matter of people seeing the world differently - it's a matter of people doing NOTHING WILLINGLY.
Uncanny

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 02:59 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
How does it matter though. I can't figure out why this question comes up so much. So, everything we do now, is what wise men do not do. People are living in ignorance, yea I get it. What does that bother? If we continue on red frequency, not evolving maybe we all die out, and a better species may rise. That's beyond our existence.
carloslebaron

Fri 19 Sep, 2014 06:03 am
@coincidence,
Religion is based on belief. You can't argue against someone's beliefs.

It is a waste trying to ask for evidence from religion because religion is not based in facts as science does.

On the other hand, I wonder how lots of people, this is to say, millions of ignorant fool themselves when they believe that time dilates, black holes do exist, there are parallel universes, light speed is constant and lots of fantasies that are backed up by manipulated conclusions obtained from observation and deduction made by some so called themselves as scientists.

At least, people who believe in a religion are not crossing the line when their beliefs are based in a god and the doctrines are mostly guides for an assumed better living between humans.

But, when scrutiny in science reveals how fake many theories are, the followers of science prefer to ignore reality and continue with their beliefs pretending to be more intelligent than the rest when showing formulas in a piece of paper and simulations in a computer.

In reality, the only ones who fool themselves are the scientists and followers who believe in good for nothing theories and pretend to "see" imaginary objects as physically existing bodies.

timur

Fri 19 Sep, 2014 06:12 am
@carloslebaron,
I can see people deliberately fooling themselves..

They post long diatribes about science and then assert crap like this:
Quote:
..and the doctrines are mostly guides for an assumed better living between humans.

One Eyed Mind

Fri 19 Sep, 2014 03:46 pm
@Uncanny,
Self-defeatism is worse than death. Death "is"; self-defeatism "is more than death, but remains death".
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Fri 19 Sep, 2014 06:39 pm
@timur,
Well, if you disagree with me, please show me the objective existence of time so it can dilates by causes as speed of objects.

If you disagree with me explain the laws of physics that will allow the shrinking of a star in that way that its density will pull its own light.

If you disagree with me, show the evidence of a parallel universe, and the way you have detect it.

And so forth, all those ideas of science mentioned above and tens of similar fantasies are nothing but beliefs accepted by people who love to fool themselves. And watch out, others are getting rich at the cost of your ignorance.

And yes, when you read most of the religious doctrines, you will find that besides of obedience or worship to a god, religions have doctrines which have the intent of a better living between humans or at least between the believers of such a religion.

To help your neighbor is a good advice, most of the laws in this country are based in the laws given in the bible, from not to steal, not to kill, not to commit adultery, etc... I don't see people being fool because they follow those advices.

But surely, it is laughable seeing dudes believing that fantasies like time dilatation, black holes and similar are part of science.