Business in Ukraine is really a risky venture

Kurtt

Fri 22 Aug, 2014 06:51 am
Business in Ukraine is really a risky venture. I'd rather say you are doomed to failure in Ukraine. At least my personal experience proves the fact. I started my small agrarian business in Ukraine 5 years ago. Organic vegetables were delivered to elite restaurants in Germany. And then it turned out to be that the vast territories in my documented possession actually belonged to administration of the then president Yanukovich. It came just out of the blue and I felt totally screwed!
There were long court proceedings with no good results for me. They decided in the long run to postpone ultimate decision. Then Maidan, instability and war came to Ukraine and I decided to go back to Germany for some time. I was absolutely exhausted you know.
I returned back to Ukraine only after Poroshenko had occupied the presidential chair. I wanted to restore justice and get back the lands into my possession. Alas! Some big potato from the Poroshenko team had bought them as "ownerless"!! Since then all my requests to sort it out in the court have been rebuffed. They assert (and they even showed me some document) that my case was completed during Yanukovich epoch and I got nothing then "in accordance with the Ukrainian law"!!
With no doubts, the document is a dishonest fake. There were swindlers in Kiev top hierarchy then and there are new swindlers who have come to replace them now! They even refused to identify the official who has actually robbed me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 609 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Setanta

Sat 23 Aug, 2014 01:59 am
Yeah, with that jackass Putin poised to send in the Russian army as soon as he can cobble together an excuse, the business climate in the Ukraine lies under a cloud.
0 Replies