Acting performances that made you laugh yourself silly

couzz

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 03:34 pm
eoe:

I have a friend who knows most all the key dialogue from the films that he calls the biblicals. He was in the same situation you were, his parents ran the "Commandments" and similar films at Easter and Christmas each year. Good old C.B. DeMille.

My friend comes up with a line at the most opportune times...One if his favorites is Edward G. Robinson talking to Moses....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 03:39 pm
Some scenes I don't quite but almost remember,

- something about a rabbit in Bill Forsyth's Local Hero (set in Scotland)

- something about a theater impresario, Adrian Dunbar, pulling a giant prize steer across the moors, in Hear My Song (set in Ireland)

- In Heartbreak Kid, Elaine May's daughter, Jeanne Berlin, and Charles Grodin stop at a cafe and and she orders an egg salad sandwich..

I do remember more specifically the move Bread and Chocolate - the scenes of Nino Manfredi as an italian waiter in Switzerland vying with another waiter to retain a job... this involved an incredible orange peeling scene and some hijinks with a very large fish.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 03:46 pm
The movie "Clue" - Madelein Kahn, as Mrs. White, is put on the spot in a scene where she has to explain where she was during a murder. She starts talking drivel, something like "flames … by the side of my face … breathing, breathless, heaving, …."

I am sorry but I cannot control myself when I get to that scene. I am convulsing with laughter that I have to replay it again and again.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 09:33 am
I thought charlton heston's exaggerated wig and beard in Commandments was a hoot.

And while we're thinking about charlton over-act heston, the thought of Ben Hur makes me giggle.
0 Replies

Maggie5554515

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:14 am
My Cousin Vinny
"My Cousin Vinny"! This is about the most hilarious thing i have ever watched:))).

Vinny Gambini: I understand you played a game of pool with Lisa for two hundred dollars, which she won. I'm here to collect.
J.T.: How 'bout I just kick your ass.
Vinny Gambini: Oh a counter offer. That's what we lawyers, I'm a lawyer... we lawyers call that a counter offer. This is a tough decision you give me here. Get my ass kicked or collect two hundred dollars. I could use a good ass-kickin', I'll be perfectly honest with you... nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred.
J.T.: Over my dead body.
Vinny Gambini: You like to renegotiate as you go along, don't you? Well here's my counter offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving **** out of you?
J.T.: YOU kick the **** outta ME... in your dreams.
Vinny Gambini: Oh no no... in reality. If I kick the **** out of you, do I get the money?
0 Replies

K-

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 08:45 am
Halle Berry in Monster's Ball.

MAKE ME FEEL GOOODDD!!! UGHnGhhGH!!

: )

I almost spit up.

K
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
Don Chedell in Devil in a Blue Dress. THe brilliant CHedell (do I havee his name right?) played a killer, not a psychopath, just a killer the way Julia Child is a chef. He's left in the car with a man that he shoots and when the character who left him (frankly, Chedell was so outstanding that the other may have been played by Denzell Washington) returned and asked why the hostage was shot, Chedell replies, :If you didn't want him dead, why did you leave him with me?"
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 11:49 am
Oh yeah. That was a good one. And yes, that was Denzel Washington as Ezekial. Don Cheadle played Mouse. And he didn't shoot the hostage. They had to stay quiet, remember? So he choked him.
Another funny, to me, was when Mouse first arrived at Ezekial's home and found him fighting another man. Mouse put an end to it all very quickly and Ezekial was furious with him and said, "I don't want your kind of help! You haven't been in my house for five minutes and you've already shot somebody!"

Chris Tucker in "Friday." Everyone went to see Ice Cube but came out talkiing about Tucker. It was his very first big role and he was hysterically funny. A natural in front of the camera. But you know this, man!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 12:16 pm
Marty Feldman in "Young Frankenstein". In the part where his hump moved from one side to the other, I nearly "lost it"!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 06:12 pm
Sterling Hayden in Dr. Stangelove going on about the Commies poisoning our vital bodily fluids. Laughing
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 12:58 pm
Mel Brooks' "History of the World, Part I"

When Mel Brooks as Moses stands at the Mountaintop with three stone tablets and proclaims:
"My people! From God, I bring you these FIFTEEN...
[accidentally drops one of the tablets, which shatters on the ground]
...uh...TEN! Ten commandments!"

“Ron Burgandy”

"I immediately regret that decision!” (After jumping into the bear pit)

"I'm going to punch you in the ovary…right in the babymaker!”
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:28 am
Re: Acting performances that made you laugh yourself silly
msolga wrote:
Fawlty Towers:
My favourite episode is the one where the guest dies in the hotel & Basil, Sybil, Polly & Manuel go to extraordinary lengths to hide it from the health inspector & the other guests. Laughing

To me the episode with the Germans ("Don't mention the war") was the most hilarious, but that is perhaps because of my background.

One acting performance that stands out in my mind as extremely funny was Roberto Benigni as a taxi driver in Night on Earth (by Jim Jarmush).
0 Replies