My previous girl friend keeps on mailing me. What to do?

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:51 pm
I am from India and I had a relationship with a girl for an year. I was not so involved because our religion are different. But she was so possessive and obsessive about me that she made this official to everyone of her friends and her family without informing me.

I liked her, but my parents are so conservative and it didn't work out. Hence I ended the relationship about an year ago.

After this, she used to call me and message me countless number of times for 4-5 months continuously and I didn't respond. It was a very difficult period for me as my phone kept on ringing all day long throughout these months. Initially there were a few suicide threats also. Thankfully, it didn't happen.

She got a job and all during the time. After this 4-5 months of constant texting, mailing and phone calls one day she stopped messaging. I wish so much that she should forget me and move on. When she stopped calling me, I was happy and thought that she was moving on.

I am not in any relationship whatsoever and I intend to marry a girl as per my parents' wishes.

But after a 6 month gap, she has again started to message me. Not very frequently, but twice or thrice a week. She says she is missing me and all. I don't want to keep any contact with her. But I am worried if she will kill herself or something like that because she used to threaten me with suicide during the initial periods of breakup. It was frightening for me. I don't know what to do just because I fear if she will commit suicide. My parents are currently very eager and happy to find a girl for me and this is what I want too. She is now 26 and I don't really know what's going on with her.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:57 pm
@justanotherguy123,
Quote:
My previous girl friend keeps on mailing me. What to do?
I had something like that happen.
When it happened the 2nd time, I ignored it. The chemistry was not right.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 05:28 am
@justanotherguy123,
Why do you find it so hard to ignore her?

Just don't answer or even open the mail. BLOCK all calls.

She sounds unstable and will bring unhappiness to you and your future.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 05:33 am
@justanotherguy123,
Welcome to the wonderful world of blocking a caller and an email.

Do it. Use technology to your advantage. It does not matter why she's doing it. What's important is that it is happening and you need to put a stop to it at once.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 05:35 am
@justanotherguy123,
I agree with everyone else. Ignore her, including the suicide threats. You broke up. Her mental health is not your responsibility... in fact there is nothing an ex-boyfriend can do.

0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:07 am
@justanotherguy123,
Don't encourage her by taking calls or texting back. She didn't kill herself when you moved away, and she was able to live without you for six months without you...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:30 am
@justanotherguy123,
justanotherguy123 wrote:
After this, she used to call me and message me countless number of times for 4-5 months continuously and I didn't respond. It was a very difficult period for me as my phone kept on ringing all day long throughout these months.

that would have been the optimal time to block her calls/texts/emails

do it now
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:45 am
@justanotherguy123,
I'd make a couple of suggestions.

If you really feel she is suicidal - reach out to her family and/or friends and let them know your concerns. It would be better for them and they are in a better position to help her. Kind of you to be so concerned for her.

And then - change your phone number and any other contact information you have. It may be the only way to split from her.
0 Replies