Have you ever been through this with an ex?

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 06:26 pm
My ex and I were together for a year, but towards the last few months I moved out of state due to my mothers health concerns. He wanted to stay together. So we were in a long distance relationship for a while but in the end he wasn't able to stay happy & I ended it. We had our closure & didn't talk for a while. Then out of the blue he started texting me calling me a c*nt, a fat b**ch & a psycho, saying that he can't believe he ever loved me, he's happy we broke up because he can do way better & that he's glad he didn't have sex with me because I'm a fat psycho b**ch & apparently I was "controlling" him by telling him not to be friends with people who didn't treat him well & encouraging him not to drink or do drugs (which he's now back into). He said lots of other cruel things & I was just sitting here wondering what the heck I did? I thought we had a good relationship while it lasted & it was a pretty happy one. What did I do to deserve this? I've never had a man call me a c**t before so I was pretty shocked. I've had lots of people tell me that this is his form of retaliation because he's still butthurt by the fact that I broke up with him & he doesn't mean any of those things (especially since he was "in love" with me just a month prior), but is only saying them because he feels the need to "hurt me back" since he knows I'm happy & have moved on & it kills him to see me successful. I have no idea what to believe though.. Have any of you ever had something like this happen?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,855 • Replies: 6
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 06:37 pm
@AnonymousMoose,
That is crappy behavior. There is no excuse for any person to act that way. You shouldn't waste any time thinking about why he is acting this way. It is his problem, not yours.

My advice, ignore him and move on with your life. If you feel at all threatened, get a restraining order (and then ignore him and move on with your life).

This is ridiculous behavior. Do what you need to do to feel safe, but then forget about him.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 07:07 pm
@AnonymousMoose,
Count your blessings that you're rid of him.

I have to ask though: you were with this guy for almost a year and never had sex?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 05:31 am
Have any of you ever had something like this happen?

Yes, but I was about 5.

Get rid of this immature, crude idiot who is trying to get back at you with words. Tell him to get out of your life.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:56 am
@PUNKEY,
I wouldn't tell him anything. He sounds dangerous.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 08:19 am
Watch a Forensic Files marathon and get the locks changed
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 01:35 pm
@AnonymousMoose,
Why are you internalizing this crap. Who cares why he called you all those things. So maybe his ego is crushed...don't take his calls, un-friend him on FB, don't reply to texts. Don't ask him, "What did I do wrong?". Don't feel as if you have to get the last word in. Drop him like he's hot.
0 Replies