Law Enforcement and the African-American community

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:12 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I have been going over Johnsons statement. I find it absolutely perposterous...and I'm wondering why I havent heard the following :
(admittedly I haven't followed every word)

He says that Wilson grabbed Brown around the neck while seated in the patrol car and tryed to pull him in the car. Not only is this a ridiculous police tactic but it would be quite impossible in that BROWN WAS 6'4" TALL AND HOW THE HELL DID THE OFFICER REACH HIS HEAD FROM A SEATED POSITION???
The ONLY way that could have occured is if Brown was BENT DOWN HITTING the officer...

So...you are saying it is absolutely impossible that it could have occurred with Brown bent down talking with the officer...rather than hitting him?

It is absolutely impossible that Brown was bent down asking the officer, "What did you say?"

Why is that?

What bit of logic did you dredge up to arrive there?

Quote:
...and in THAT case the officer might grabfor his head in an effort to stop the punches.

IF there were any punches at that point.

Why don't you stop talking as though you KNOW what happened...and present your theory as the blind guesswork it actually is?

Quote:
Johnson is CLEARLY lying.

There is absolutely nothing "clear" about that...except that it is fairly certain you want that to be the case, so you are presenting your blind guess about what happened...

...as absolute certainty.

Entertaining, John. But not very productive or helpful.
giujohn

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 07:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Now Frank...did Johnson EVER say that Brown was talking to the officer through the window????
giujohn

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 08:38 pm
I think Johnson should be brought up on charges...make an example of him and send a message to the next LIAR.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 02:03 am
@izzythepush,
Right, but for some reason I think this is a FAUX NEWS terminology...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 02:09 am
@giujohn,
You don't understand definitions.
Quote:
de·moc·ra·cy
diˈmäkrəsē/
noun
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
"capitalism and democracy are ascendant in the third world"
synonyms: representative government, elective government;

Quote:
A partial list of democracies would include:
the United States of America
Canada
Japan
the 27 states of the European Union
Switzerland
Israel
Brazil
India
South Africa

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071009160505AACZBz9

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index
izzythepush

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:14 am
@Buttermilk,
Are you saying creatures like Oralboy, CJ, BF and GJ lack the wherewithal to come up with an original phrase on their own?

Drones don't think.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 05:46 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Now Frank...did Johnson EVER say that Brown was talking to the officer through the window????

No...or at least, I do not think so. We really have to wait until there is testimony taken under oath.

But you wrote:

Quote:
The ONLY way that could have occured is if Brown was BENT DOWN HITTING the officer...

So it really does not matter if Johnson said that or not...your comment is incorrect.
giujohn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 02:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Typing the word into google and using that as your definition is insufficient to undersatnd what is meant by the term.
A true democracy is based on the political sysytem of one man one vote and the majority rules. In this system abuse of the minority can occur.
Thats whay we have a represenattive republic.

After the Constitutional Convention of 1787 Mrs. Powel asked Franklin, "What have you given us?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”
giujohn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 02:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...IT'S A DUCK!
parados

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:51 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Oh come on dumb ass...you knew EXACTly what I was saying . You're just trying to be difficult cause you like beeing a troll...just admit it!

I responded to EXACTLY what you were saying. I can't help it if what you said isn't what you meant.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:55 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
We are a democracy

We ARE NOT a democracy...we are a Representative Republic...Look it Up!

We are a representative DEMOCRACY. We are a Republic as well. Iraq under Sadaam was a Republic but no one with any brain would have called his republic a democracy. You are confused in that you don't realize many words can describe one thing.

One can easily look it up in any dictionary. Perhaps you should look it up.

Quote:
de·moc·ra·cy
diˈmäkrəsē/
noun
noun: democracy

a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

parados

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 04:03 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Typing the word into google and using that as your definition is insufficient to undersatnd what is meant by the term.
A true democracy is based on the political sysytem of one man one vote and the majority rules. In this system abuse of the minority can occur.
Thats whay we have a represenattive republic.

After the Constitutional Convention of 1787 Mrs. Powel asked Franklin, "What have you given us?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

A republic can be many different types of government. It can be a democracy or a monarchy or an oligarchy or a dictatorship.

A representative democracy is not a true democracy however both are democracies which is why they have modifying terms to designate which type of democracy they are. You are arguing that an oak tree can't be a tree because it isn't a maple tree.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 04:14 pm
Once again, for the reading impared, a TRUE democracy is one man, one vote where the MAJORITY rules. We are a REPRESENTATIVE government where are elected officials make law.
If we were a TRUE democracy there would still be slavery, gays would be hung, women wouldn't have the vote, and states like Rhode Island wouldn't have a voice in government. It's MOB RULE.
This is basic Poly Sci 101.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 04:16 pm
@parados,
It proves why this character is so confused about so many things. One must learn the definition of words before the ability to communicate with some skill.

The widespread use of the word democracy is used when the citizens are provided the ability to vote for their representatives in government. Like all words, hyphenated words can be more specific as to their meaning, but it never changes the basic meaning of the word. "Representative Republic" doesn't even use 'democracy' in its use.

Quote:
Democracy: [dih-mok-ruh-see] Spell Syllables
noun, plural democracies.
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by themor by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
a state having such a form of government:
The United States and Canada are democracies.
a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights andprivileges.
political or social equality; democratic spirit.
the common people of a community as distinguished from anyprivileged class; the common people with respect to their politicalpower.

re·pub·lic:
riˈpəblik/
noun a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

Liberal democracy:  is a form of government in which representative democracy operates under the principles of liberalism, i.e. protecting the rights of the individual, which are generally enshrined in law. It is characterised by fair, free, and competitive elections between multiple distinct political parties, a separation of powers into different branches of government, the rule of law in everyday life as part of an open society, and the equal protection of human rights, civil rights, civil liberties, and political freedoms for all persons. To define the system in practice, liberal democracies often draw upon a constitution, either formally written or uncodified, to delineate the powers of government and enshrine the social contract. After a period of sustained expansion throughout the 20th century, liberal democracy became the predominant political system in the world.
parados

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 04:26 pm
@giujohn,
Once again. TRUE is an adjective MODIFYING democracy.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 04:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Quote:
The widespread use of the word democracy is...

The wide spread use of the word theory is completely different than the meaning when used in the discpline of science.

But in an INTELIGENT disussion of the political science and it's terminology, democracy has a specific meaning...forgive me; I thought I was dealing with INTELLIGENT people...my bad.

Also I to can cut and paste from the internet as well:
Main Entry: de·moc·ra·cy
Pronunciation: di-mäk-r-s
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
Etymology: from early French democratie "democracy," from Latin democratia (same meaning), from Greek demokratia "democracy," from dmos "people, the masses" and -kratia "rule, government," from kratos "strength, power, authority" --related to EPIDEMIC
1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : government in which the supreme power is held by the people and used by them directly...

So endth the lesson.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 05:17 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Frank...IT'S A DUCK!

No it isn't.
giujohn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 05:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
QUACK!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 07:15 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

QUACK!

Seems you may be the duck!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 07:32 pm
@giujohn,
Forget Poli Sci 101; you need more study and learning in English and the meaning of words.

FYI, "true" is a modifier that applies to all the countries that are identified as a democracy. They differ by their government makeup, and the laws that governs their country. The US has our Constitution. Some countries have a system of parliamentary governance, but they are all still 'democracies.'