Fergusonj shooting, autopsy in, all shots from front

parados

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:08 am
It's funny you should think that way since it was the conservatives that voted this week to allow the NSA to continue to collect information about you. I guess it must be more of the progressive's plan. Get the conservatives to be the ones voting for government spying on its citizens

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/11/18/leahy-usa-freedom-act-nsa-spying/19222895/
Baldimo

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:28 am
@parados,
What was the vote spread? Don't the Dems still control the Senate until Jan?
revelette2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:51 am
@Baldimo,
Some hawks argued it would tie the hands of NSA at a time when terrorism is on the rise, and others argued it didn't go far enough such the Senator from KY, Rand Paul. It is doubtful it will even come up in the senate because McConnell worked to defeat it.

Quote:
Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, worked hard to defeat the bill, which had the support of the Obama administration and a coalition of technology companies including Apple, Google, Microsoft and Yahoo.

“This is the worst possible time to be tying our hands behind our backs,” Mr. McConnell said before the vote, expressing the concerns of those who argued that the program was a vital tool in the fight against terrorism.

But Tuesday’s vote only put off until next year a debate over security and personal liberties. While a Republican-controlled Senate is less likely to go along with the kinds of reforms that were in the bill, which sponsors had named the U.S.A. Freedom Act, the debate could further expose rifts between the party’s interventionist and more libertarian-leaning wings.

source
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:57 am
@parados,
Quote:
to collect information about you.

I am not all that interesting. Are you? The point is progressives will use the information for their own gain, conservatives to protect the nation.

0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 11:47 am
@Baldimo,
Did you not read the article? The GOP used a filibuster.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 11:50 am
@parados,
Quote:
Did you not read the article? The GOP used a filibuster.

Did you know the Dems changed the rules? Shutup Shill.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 11:53 am
@parados,
Funny that article says nothing about a filibuster.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 12:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Read the first line again, Baldimo.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 01:10 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Did you know the Dems changed the rules?

The Democrats were a bit devious. The only changed the rules for a few specific circumstances that happened to favor the Democrats at that precise moment, like the confirmation of Obama's nominees. The change did not cover most filibusters.

The Democrats also gave the rule change a time limit, so that it will expire before the Republicans take power in a couple months.

I propose that the Republicans wait until a Republican is president (which will be roughly two years from now), and then impose the same rule change for the nominees of the Republican president, for the same length of time.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 01:38 pm
Quote:
CNN: Grand jury decision could come Friday

http://www.cnn.com//2014/11/20/justice/f...index.html

http://timehack.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/pomodoro-time-bomb.jpg
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 06:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It's right there if you are familiar with the process of voting in the Senate.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Senate on Tuesday failed to get the 60 votes needed to advance a bill that would stop the National Security Agency from collecting the phone records of millions of Americans who are not suspected of any crime.

Senators voted 58-42 in favor of a motion to allow the USA Freedom Act to come to an up or down vote in the Senate. The motion required 60 votes to pass.

Cloture is the process to bring a measure to a vote. It is more commonly referred to as filibuster.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 06:26 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Democrats also gave the rule change a time limit, so that it will expire before the Republicans take power in a couple months.

The Democrats didn't give any rule a time limit. All Congressional rules are set at the beginning of each new Congress. That means ALL rules expire with the end of the previous Congress. It's been that way for over 200 years.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:18 am
Quote:
Caught on Video: Ferguson Activists Planning to Target White Areas, Police and their ‘Children’

http://toprightnews.com/?p=7260
These are the progressives partners plotting here. They expect to get order out of chaos. It doesn't matter how many lives it takes.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 07:33 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Emergency powers of the governor do not grant police the power to shoot looters on sight.

Wrong. He can issue that order to national guard and any police working with them would fall under that order.

Quote:

Which stores do the police own?

When did I ever say it should be the police who should shoot looters???

I WROTE:
Looters and arsonists should be shot on sight...anyone who is unruley or disruptuve or who do not follow lawful orders of police should be arrested immediately. Any use of force should be met with overwhelming counter force. Video should be taken to identify agitators and instigators and charged with terroristic actions and incitement to riot.
If police violate the law they should be ajudicated by the rule of law.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 02:41 am
I listened to Sharpton tell reporters how the IRS pursuing him for millions in unpaid taxes is part of a politically motivated campaign against him. Behind him was a very large sign that read, among other things, "No Justice, No Peace."

Now we know that Sharpton believes that a finding that there are no grounds to indict the cop will be a miscarriage of justice, so presumably he is encouraging his followers to deny their communities peace should the Grand Jury decide in such a manner. In so doing he will bear responsibility for any violence, destruction, injury and death that potential rioting results in. However, that means nothing to Sharpton. He has never taken responsibility for any of his numerous despicable actions..

The man is a liar, a criminal, a tax-cheat, a clown, and a ghoul.When he arrives, mayhem and hatred arrive with him. Yet, our president considers him a trusted adviser. This speaks volumes about Obama.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 05:52 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I listened to Sharpton tell reporters how the IRS pursuing him for millions in unpaid taxes is part of a politically motivated campaign against him. Behind him was a very large sign that read, among other things, "No Justice, No Peace."

Now we know that Sharpton believes that a finding that there are no grounds to indict the cop will be a miscarriage of justice, so presumably he is encouraging his followers to deny their communities peace should the Grand Jury decide in such a manner. In so doing he will bear responsibility for any violence, destruction, injury and death that potential rioting results in. However, that means nothing to Sharpton. He has never taken responsibility for any of his numerous despicable actions..

The man is a liar, a criminal, a tax-cheat, a clown, and a ghoul.When he arrives, mayhem and hatred arrive with him. Yet, our president considers him a trusted adviser. This speaks volumes about Obama.

He is the kind of hard-line guy you would almost certainly be if you were black, Finn. Perhaps that explains the visceral hatred you have for the man.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:14 am

I hope that this is not true,
but last night thay said on the TV news
that Officer Wilson is negotiating a resignation from the police dept.

I can t imagine Y he 'd do that.

He does not appear to have done anything rong,
but we don t necessarily know everything.

David
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I hope that this is not true,
but last night thay said on the TV news
that Officer Wilson is negotiating a resignation from the police dept.

I can t imagine Y he 'd do that.

He does not appear to have done anything rong,
but we don t necessarily know everything.

David

Quite right, David...we do not necessarily know everything...and it is almost certain we do not.

Given that...it seems you should be able to imagine a reason why he might be negotiating a resignation...

...unless of course, you are being close-minded and suggesting that there is no chance whatever that he could possibly be anything but innocent.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
"no chance whatever" is over-stating the case,
but I deem it un-likely in contemplation of the known robbery
by the hopped-up robber.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

"no chance whatever" is over-stating the case,
but I deem it un-likely in contemplation of the known robbery
by the hopped-up robber.

But you said, "I can t imagine Y he 'd do that."

Seems to me THAT is over-stating the case.

And forgetting for a second that Wilson did not know Brown was "hopped up" or a "robber"...

...of course you can imagine...if you do not have a mind that is tightly shut.