Favorite Fast Foods

Swimpy

Fri 3 Jan, 2003 05:51 pm
There is a local Mexican place called Panchero's. They make a roasted veggie burrito with homemade tortillas. Mmmm
0 Replies

pueo

Fri 3 Jan, 2003 06:13 pm
Sugar wrote:
pueo - I damned myself. I've been thinking about that Big Bacon Classic since I typed it in. My work down doesn't have a Wendy's anywhere.

pppbbbttthhhh!

sugar-it was mmmmmmmm, mmmmmm, good. think i'll go buy another one. want me to get you anything? Very Happy
0 Replies

marycat

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:42 pm
Buffalo wings. I love buffalo wings. I have only found one place in this God-forsaken city where they're even half decent, though. Alas, and alack.

I keep hoping that I will find really good ones eventually, but my hope is beginning to fade...
ehBeth

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:39 pm
go to Buffalo, marycat. The original buffalo wings really are great. Not exactly fast food, since it's an hour drive there (or 3 on a day like today), but good if you're willing to brave the overall blechness of Buffalo.
0 Replies

Piffka

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:40 pm
You all have such excellent taste!

I am anxious to go to a Wendy's and try this thing, Sugar.

Pueo, everything you wrote sounded right to me on your first post, but it does sound like you need a good Ivar's down there instead of a Long John Silver, since PD says it is bad. Ivar's.... a shrimp cocktail for $1, halibut fish & chips in three sizes, hold the fries and some lovely clam chowder. If you're my kids, you'll ask for it in a bread bowl.
0 Replies

Piffka

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 01:43 pm
MaryCat -- You know how to make them, don't you? Cook chicken then roll in a combination of Frank's RedHot Red Sauce and Melted butter (you do not need to make nearly as much of that sauce as the bottle says!). That's fast food at home! Yummmmm, Frank's!
0 Replies

marycat

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:07 pm
I love Frank's Red Hot!

And I'm actually fresh out of both that and green Tabasco. We have about a dozen other hot sauces hanging around, but those are two of the three most-used ones in this apartment. (Red Tabasco is, of course, the other of the top three.)

Beth, I really should go to Buffalo. But I don't have a car. I'd have to rent one, so it would be quite a project. But you're right, I do need to go to the Source. Someday...
0 Replies

Piffka

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:11 pm
Cool. Well, HOT! I love that stuff, too. We're heat-a-holics here.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 04:51 pm
I went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch today. The restaurant has been locally owned by the same Chinese family for as long as I can remember. They have the best sweet and sour ribs I've ever eaten. I got a plate with generous helpings of sweet & sour ribs and pork chow mein, plus hot tea and, of course, the fortune cookie for $3.95. You can't even eat at McDonald's for that! Of course, it's been over an hour and I'm starting to get hungry again. I think I'll go back and get some more. That was really good!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 05:51 pm
I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned it yet, but the Costco hotdog deal is one of the best deals in 'fast' food today. You can get a foot long hot dog and large soft drink for $1.50. I fill mine with plenty of onion, and that special mustard. All I need are five napkins to keep my chin clean! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Wilso

Sat 4 Jan, 2003 06:06 pm
Anything I didn't have to cook myself
0 Replies

pueo

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:23 am
couldn't decide today. so i bought another wendy's bacon cheeseburger classic and a taco bell stuffed grilled burrito.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:35 am
Sounds like a well-rounded meal, pueo
Laughing
0 Replies

pueo

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:38 am
thank you, i think so too. after all there's meat, dairy, grain, and vegetables in the food.

for added grain products, the ingredients of my favorite adult beverages has a few as well.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 02:49 am
Mr. Green Drunk
0 Replies

Kara

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 03:54 am
Chatty, your signature is still the best on A2K.

We have just discovered a new fast food. When our larder is bare, and the shops seem far away, I open tins of tuna and create tuna melts. I had not thought of them for years until I just read Michael Collins' "The Keepers of Truth," in which figures a newspaper writer whose boss was forever making tuna melts to cheer up the newsroom guys.

I mix the tuna with low fat mayo, add some chopped onion, spread this on whole wheat toast, warm under the broiler, then top with slices of cheddar and re-broil to melt. These creations are addictive.

Red wine goes well with this (LOL) as does Guinness stout, single-malt, and various other libations.
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:04 am
Fast food? If it's fast I got no business eating it - it means it's still alive....

Ain't chew peepul got no STANDARDS?
0 Replies

marycat

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:54 am
I like my food still alive. Especially oysters. Yummy!
0 Replies

msolga

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:01 am
marycat

Oh, I don't think so .... the thought makes me a little squeamish ..
0 Replies

marycat

Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:07 am
To each her own. I love the slimy things, myself!
0 Replies