The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:33 pm
@revelette2,
Was in vain? What are you talking about? You think Officer Wilson should have gone to jail? Forget what the evidence says.
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 01:07 pm
@Baldimo,
And that is the crux of the matter, Baldimo. Are there instances where the police overstep? Of course there are. And in those instances the officer should be prosecuted. Every police shooting leads to some type of investigation to make sure the shooting was warranted. In this case, there was a very intense investigation. And it appears there is enough evidence that the officer was justified to use deadly force.

Personally, from the evidence and testimony I have seen and read, Mr. Brown (and he was an adult regardless of how the media kept calling him a teenager it order to play on people's sympathies) made the decision to attack the officer in his car. Of that there seems to be no eye witness disagreement. Had he not done so, the consequent events would never have happened and he would be alive today to rob other stores.

Had Mr. Brown not gone charging toward the officer after first separating himself from the officer and moving away, the officer would not have feared for his safety and would not have fired. And Mr. Brown would be alive today to rob other stores. But Mr. Brown seemingly was not taught to respect and obey a police officer's commands like the vast majority in this country are taught. Or maybe he just ignored that teaching. I don't know. But had Mr. Brown LISTENED to the officer instead of attacking him, Mr. Brown would be alive today. Maybe his parents should think about that for just a little bit.

What happened is a darn shame. It is a darn shame that Mr. Brown's parents have lost a son whom I am sure they loved greatly. It is a darn shame that Mr. Brown lost his life over something that started out so simple. It is a darn shame that Officer Wilson has had months of scorn and abuse heaped upon him for responding to the threat in the way nearly any other officer would have responded. It is a CRIME the way people have responded in Ferguson by burning and looting and destroying the lives and businesses of people who had never even come in contact with Mr. Brown or Officer Wilson until this past summer.

I would hope something positive would come from all of this. Only time will tell.
revelette2

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 01:13 pm
@Baldimo,
The courts of late have been going backwards with the Martin case and now Brown. They let officer Wilson testify in the grand jury for hours, that is not normal procedure. It is like they tried the whole case in the grand jury room, like the prosecution was a defense attorney. It was a farce if the lawyers who have reported on it are correct.

"Legal Experts Explain Why The Ferguson Grand Jury Was Set Up For Failure"
Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 01:34 pm
@revelette2,
Once again we live in different worlds. You seem to think that it is ok for someone to attack another person and that the other person should just have to sit there and take the beating. In both cases we have young men who were violent and attacked someone. In both cases they were shot and killed. You are upset at the reactions. I'm upset that people seem to think that they can just attack someone because they don't like them, or don't like how they were talked to. So many youths today demand respect but are so unwilling to give it. This whole thing happened because Mike Brown robbed a store and when a cop stopped him for an un-related event, he chose to attack the cop and try to take his gun. Instead he made the wrong choice and suffered for that bad choice. How you blame the cop is beyond me.

Speaking of Martin... what ever happened to the Fed case against Zimmerman? It has been almost 2 years since we had a verdict and we have heard nothing from the DOJ. It seems like the next DOJ head will have to announce that there will be no charges against Zimmerman. Why haven't we heard anything?
revelette2

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 01:50 pm
@Baldimo,
You are right, we live in different world's, like I said, Wilson did not look as though he was assaulted. The pictures have finally been released. Zimmerman had a bloody nose.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 02:14 pm
@CoastalRat,
"BURN THIS MOTHER ****** DOWN!" As the dead guys step dad allegedly yelled in the streets, and then exactly that happening, does not give cause for optimism.
revelette2

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 02:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
He shouldn't have said it, but it is trying times, horrible times for the Brown family. It is hard to blame them, I don't.

Michael Brown's stepfather at rally

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 02:57 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

He shouldn't have said it, but it is trying times, horrible times for the Brown family. It is hard to blame them, I don't.

Michael Brown's stepfather at rally

That is in full compliance with the ethos of victim culture....if you can wear the label victim convincingly anything you want to do or do is fine, up to and including burning civilization down.

No.

It is time to pull the plug on victim culture. It has outlived its usefulness, it has become an excuse for emotions to trump reason, for fantasy to trump reality, and for barbarity to trump civilization.

Enough is enough.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:03 pm
@CoastalRat,
Well very stated.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:32 pm
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/11/25/237BD50F00000578-2844491-image-14_1416906839501.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
I wonder who is paying for that cell phone?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:45 pm
@coldjoint,
I wonder what the peace sign is about. The raised black power fist I get.
Pamela Rosa

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:52 pm
“Burn this bitch down”

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/ferguson/burn-this-bitch-down-879056

If he wants his sheboon set on fire let him do it himself
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:05 pm
Jeffrey Toobin
Quote:

McCulloch started his announcement late, and he was not finished until around 9 p.m., local time. His tone was icy and divisive. His sympathy for the Brown family was perfunctory. He seemed more angry at the news media than about the death of a young man.

The predictable reaction ensued. Protests began, some of them violent. Police responded with tear gas. Fires burned. Cars were destroyed. Gunshots were heard. The full scale of the damage was difficult to assess last night.
The ultimate verdict on the grand jury's decision is up to history at this point. But the verdict on McCulloch opting to announce the decision at night is clear -- and devastating.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/25/opinion/toobin-ferguson-grand-jury/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I generally agree with Toobin but he is way off base here. The grand jury cleared the cop, the dead man was clearly a criminal and the evidence suggests that he assaulted a cop...the dead man got what he earned, there is no reason to be angry that he is dead. And this entire premise that the timing of this announcement was selected by the prosecutor is unlikely. The governor has for weeks been running this show, at the very least he signed off on it, blame him. Also blame him for the fact that the national guard was not on the streets in time to prevent this violence. Today the mayor of Ferguson says that he warned the Gov that not making a show of force with the guard was going to be a mistake. It clearly was, if the mayor did in fact try to give a warning then good on him, he understood the situation better than the governor who took over command of the policing did.

This hostility towards the prosecutor that we are seeing in the press has almost no conceivable basis in fact. It betrays the liberal bias of the major media which has been well documented.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It seems to me that his reaction could have been more measured

It seems to me you have no idea what you're talking about...apparently the GJ felt it was measured...please expound on your exact definition of "measured" having not been there or know what the GJ saw. (isnt this your standard refrain,"We dont know for sure"???)
giujohn

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I wonder what the peace sign is about.

Thats a victory sign.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:03 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
I wonder what the peace sign is about.

Thats a victory sign.

F.U.C.K.

I did not know that.

Things just got a lot worse for the D's......this is where pandering to the blacks and endless government handouts to them has gotten us .

ABORT!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:40 pm
I am just now learning that the boy had 80lb's on the cop. And that he was known as "BIG MIKE"

https://ioneglobalgrind.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/image.jpg?w=675&h=595

More evidence that supports the cops claims.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:45 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
It seems to me that his reaction could have been more measured

It seems to me you have no idea what you're talking about...apparently the GJ felt it was measured...please expound on your exact definition of "measured" having not been there or know what the GJ saw. (isnt this your standard refrain,"We dont know for sure"???)

If you are the kind of cop who has to pump 6 bullets into a guy for jaywalking, John, I doubt any explanation will penetrate.

I would hope MOST cops would be able to handle a situation like this without someone ending up dead...and I dare to assume most do.

Under any circumstances, I said I would wait for the grand jury decision...and would be satisfied with it.

I am. They know stuff we do not...and it seems reasonable that they could come to the decision they did. I'll assume they did it based on the evidence present to them...and considered by them.
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 06:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Just before the run in with the cop he is on a security camera manhandling the owner of a business as it the man was a small child while stealing some smokes.

No reason not to believe the cop that he try the same behavior on him.