The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:45 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Quote:
And do you really believe they post lies. Did the police shoot that guy or not?

That's just about sums up one of your main mental failings. It's always all or nothing, black and white with you. Straight away your conclusion if they tell lies is that they must always tell lies, and if they tell the truth once they will always tell the truth.

It's the sort of (un)thinking that lets people sleepwalk into dictatorship. The case of Andrew Ridgeley's nose proves media outlets are quite willing to lie if it suits their own agenda.

Quote:
Simon Napier-Bell has admitted that he fabricated a story in 1984, that Ridgeley had been smashed on the nose by somebody in a nightclub, in order to get publicity for Wham! on the front page of British tabloid newspapers. After days of tabloid headlines, it was later revealed that the bandages on Ridgeley's face were because he had plastic surgery on his nose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Ridgeley

That's just over newspaper/record sales. How far are they willing to lie when it's something really important?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:13 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
That's before we get into shading, deceit through omission and a bunch of other common practices that anyone commenting on news will consciously and unconsciously use.

I think that applies more to progressives and race baiters who transfer the blame and make countless excuses. Which you are one of.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:29 pm
Hingehead, is this from your profile page?
Quote:
The Self-Hating Leftist

Filed under: Patriotism

Sean Thomas is writing about the UK, here, and how the pathological loathing of the British left for all things British is a major part of the reason for Britain’s steep cultural and societal decline. But with a few choice edits, his observations apply equally to the American Left.

Labourites Democrats and Lefties revile and deride so many of the things perceived as quintessentially British American. Take your pick from the monarchy Constitution, the flag, the Army, the history of rampant conquest Manifest Destiny, the biggest empire economy in the world, the supremacy of the English language, anyone who lives in the countryside flyover country, the national anthem, the City of London suburbs, the Royal US Navy and Marine Corps, a nuclear deterrent, the lion and the unicorn bald eagle, duffing up the French, eating loads of beef – all this, for Lefties, is a source of shame.

Basically, how can people who openly loathe their country be trusted to govern it? How can they be entrusted to defend their country and their culture against forces that would see it destroyed?

Edited version at

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2014/09/01/the-self-hating-leftist/
hingehead

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:30 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I think that applies more to progressives and race baiters who transfer the blame and make countless excuses. Which you are one of.

Of course you think that. Don't know why you wasted the energy typing and colouring it pink.
hingehead

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:32 pm
@coldjoint,
Not even going to link to the source? Or is this one too embarrassing even for you?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:33 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Of course you think that.

http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/coffeetime.gif
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:35 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Not even going to link to the source?

Look again.
hingehead

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Thanks. Gaypatriot.net? New one on me. I won't be clicking. The extraordinary straw manning in that 'edited' précis you posted wasn't funny enough to want more.

But thanks for adding evidence for my theory on how your brain works.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 02:54 pm
@hingehead,
http://clashdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/qmeme_1409579524608_676.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:09 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Thanks. Gaypatriot.net? New one on me. I won't be clicking.

If that is the case why are you even commenting? Awfully narrow minded.
giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:26 pm
@coldjoint,
LOL...undocumented shoppers...you kill me!

What ever happened to the good old days when you could shoot looters?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:41 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

LOL...undocumented shoppers...you kill me!

What ever happened to the good old days when you could shoot looters?

some thing that happened to the right of retailers to choose not to do business with someone, it got taken away by the courts. The Brain Trust at the bench claim to not know that the right to free association also was intended to include the right to not associate with people of our choosing. Yet again the Constitution gets proven to be useless, because it is not followed by the state.
giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
some thing that happened to the right of retailers to choose not to do business with someone

Well Hawk...Im usually on board w/ ya but I wouldn't advocate allowing a business that is open to the public to ban anyone based soley on race.
However, if anyone acts like an asshole, then I say give em the boot.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:50 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Im usually on board w/ ya but I wouldn't advocate allowing a business that is open to the public to ban anyone based soley on race.

why should only one of the two parties have the right to decline the transaction?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/devisi0n/sign.jpg
giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Not sure what you mean...plz explain.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:06 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Not sure what you mean...plz explain.
every single person has the right to not do business with my restaurant for any reason, why does my restaurant not have the right to not do business with them...for the same any reason? This is very one sided, the people have full rights to decide to do a deal, my business has no rights to decide to do a deal.

Chef Marco White of England for instance established a huge reputation for throwing people out of his restaurants for the slimmest of reasons. One noted event is when a customer insisted on having only a couple of types of cheese from the cheese trolley when the deal was that customers got a bit of all of them ( what the customer wanted was a big piece of the couple he wanted rather than the offered sliver of all) . White was told of the problem in the dinning room, he came out, the customer refused to back down so White picked up a soft smelly cheese chunk and threw it against the wall, then told the customer to get the hell out of his restaurant.

This right to not do a deal is almost completely gone in America now for business owners.
giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
The law says you may order ANYONE out of your business for ANY reason or no reason at all...with the exception that you NOT do it based on race or religion. The only excetion is a shopping mall in that while it is private property it has been deemed quasi-public by the Court.
I think that is eminently and patently fair.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:56 pm
@giujohn,
To which sexual practices was added, which will be followed by if you have kids, to be followed by removing my right to throw you out for loitering, which will be followed by.....
giujohn

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 05:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Gays are NOT afforded protection under The Federal Civil Rights Act, PUBLIC LAW 88-352-section 201 relating to private businesses.

Now by state law it's a dfferent story:

There is no state law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation with respect to public accommodation in these 32 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

These are the 18 states where refusing service to gay people is illegal: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin (also in the District of Columbia).

Sorry to say if you live in one of these states your only alternative is to get the law repealed or move.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 06:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Damn you're funny

coldjoint wrote:
hingehead wrote:
Thanks. Gaypatriot.net? New one on me. I won't be clicking.

If that is the case why are you even commenting? Awfully narrow minded.

I love the way you edited out my explanation for why I wouldn't be clicking. You really should work for Fox. Thanks again for providing a timely case showing what I was talking about re 'news' interpretation.