The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 05:43 pm
Wrongly convicted brothers each get $750K payout
Source: AP

By JONATHAN DREW

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Two brothers who falsely confessed under police interrogation to killing an 11-year-old girl were awarded $750,000 each in compensation for the three decades they spent behind bars — a stint that left one of them a broken man, according to his family.

Henry McCollum, 51, appeared calm as a North Carolina commission awarded the money to him and half brother Leon Brown, 47, during a hearing. Brown did not attend; he is in the hospital, suffering from health problems including post-traumatic stress disorder, the brothers' lawyer said.

McCollum and Brown were released last September after a judge threw out their convictions, citing new DNA evidence that points to another man in the 1983 rape and killing of Sabrina Buie. McCollum had been the longest-serving inmate on North Carolina's death row. Brown had been sentenced to life in prison.

McCollum, who has been living with his sister, said he is happy the money will enable him to support himself and help his family.

FULL story at link.

Henry McCollum holds a framed copy of his pardon before a hearing on compensation by the state for his wrongful conviction on Sept. 2, 2015 in Raleigh, N.C. McCollum was the state's longest serving death row inmate when he was released in 2014 after three decades in prison after being wrongfully convicted in a girl's death. (AP Photo/Jonathan Drew)

Read more: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7d9b5d38ce0941459c4773cdbd97ea26/wrongly-convicted-brothers-could-get-750000-payout
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:19 pm
@parados,
I said ABOUT, and THIS YEAR meaning the last 12 months, not the past 3/4 of a year, I was implying nothing.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 06:25 am
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 11:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
You mean the man that another video is said to show him with a knife in the hand that is being block by the pole in the video you posted?

Seems another case where the "unarmed" man was no such thing.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 05:26 pm
Police officer indicted for first-degree murder in death of unarmed teenager

Source: The Guardian

Virginia grand jury indicts officer Stephen Rankin for shooting dead William
Chapman, 18, during a struggle in a Walmart parking lot in April

A police officer has been indicted with first-degree murder for the fatal shooting of an unarmed black 18-year-old in Virginia earlier this year.

The grand jury in the city of Portsmouth decided on Thursday to charge officer Stephen Rankin with murder and the illegal use of a firearm for fatally shooting William Chapman, according to court filings.

“After a methodical deliberation of a thorough investigation by the Virginia state police, the state’s attorney determined that William Chapman was murdered by a police officer,” said Babineau. “Today, the citizens of Portsmouth agreed.”

-snip-

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/03/virginia-police-officer-indicted-william-chapman
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 05:29 pm
@BillRM,
Hey, dingbat, here's how the cops in my town handle a suspect with a knife. Please note how big this guy is:

Nobody shot, stabbed, killed or injured.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 05:43 pm
Autistic, legally-blind Minnesota teen suffers seizures after cops slam him to the ground

Arturo Garcia
03 Sep 2015 at 19:13 ET
17-year-old Marcus Abrams required medical attention after an encounter with transit police in St. Paul, Minnesota. [KARE-TV]

http://2d0yaz2jiom3c6vy7e7e5svk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/17-year-old-Marcus-Abrams-KARE-TV-800x430.jpg

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!
Follow @rawstory

ADVERTISEMENT

A 17-year-old boy who has Asperger’s syndrome was hospitalized on Monday after an encounter with three transit officers in St. Paul, Minnesota, KARE-TV reported.

Footage of the incident shows Marcus Abrams on the floor in handcuffs as officers stand over him. The person filming the encounter can be heard saying, “That man was just having a seizure.” Abrams and his mother, Maria Caldwell, later said he suffered two seizures.

“One had their whole body on my whole face, and I couldn’t breathe,” said Abrams, who wears specially-magnified eyeglasses because he is legally blind.

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Abrams and two friends were on their way home from working at the Minnesota State Fair when two officers, identified as Peter Buzicky and Richard Wegner, spotted him briefly standing on the tracks at a local train station. One of Abrams’ friends said he was only on the tracks for seconds before stepping off of them.

The officers then approached Abrams and asked for his identification. Police said that Wegner then ordered him to put his hands behind his back. When he refused, Wegner grabbed his wrist and tried to pull it behind his back. When the teen backed up, Wegner grabbed him by the vest.

“He was able to cock his left hand by his left ear while looking right at me telling me not to touch him,” Wegner wrote in his report. Caldwell told the newspaper that her son’s condition, along with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and “touch-sensory issues,” makes him extremely sensitive regarding his personal space.

Wegner stated in his report that he then used a “leg sweep takedown” to drop Abrams to the floor, before placing him in a “neck restraint” when the teen allegedly tried to hit and kick him and Buzicky.

Abrams was hospitalized, but not charged after his mother confirmed his condition. The case is currently being reviewed, but Caldwell said it demonstrated the need for officers to be better-prepared for these types of encounters.

“Why aren’t these cops, in some way, trained to deal with the autistic, the disabled, the mentally-challenged?” she asked.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 05:47 pm
MA Police Officer Who Said Cruiser Was Shot at Made the Whole Thing Up
Source: WCVB

Remember yesterday when Massachusetts police officers started a manhunt after a cruiser was shot at before crashing and catching fire? It turns out the officer who relayed this information made the whole thing up.

The Massachusetts State Police tweeted yesterday about reports that the cruiser was shot at. Authorities swept the whole area looking for evidence, but it turns out the officer who radioed about being shot at lied.

At a press conference this afternoon, Millis Police Sergeant William Dwyer said the officer––who’s new to the force and is only a part-time officer––”fabricated” the whole thing, reportedly fired the shots at the cruiser himself, and is being fired.

Read more: http://www.mediaite.com/online/ma-police-officer-who-said-cruiser-was-shot-at-made-the-whole-thing-up/

Well he no longer has a job.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/millis-schools-closed-thursday-as-hunt-for-gunman-continues/35077538
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 08:05 pm
THIS charge is really important:
3 Santa Clara County correctional deputies charged in death of inmate

officials said an inmate who was found dead at the Santa Clara County Jail last week died from internal bleeding due to blunt force trauma.

Officials said Michael James Tyree was naked, covered in feces and vomit when a correctional deputy found him in his cell.

Three Santa Clara County correctional deputies have been charged in the death of Tyree. The charges against the men include homicide, conspiracy and
assault under the color of authority.

http://abc7news.com/news/3-santa-clara-county-correctional-deputies-charged-in-death/968392/

" assault under the color of authority" is what cops should be charged with in the unprovoked death and/or beating of civilians.
Yet we rarely see that happen.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 09:46 pm
@BillRM,
Have you seen it? I understood it hasent been realised yet.
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 04:21 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Have you seen it? I understood it hasent been realised yet.

No I have not as yet seem the other video.
parados

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 09:34 am
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

I said ABOUT, and THIS YEAR meaning the last 12 months, not the past 3/4 of a year, I was implying nothing.

This year means just what it says, this year, 2015. It doesn't mean the last 12 months in normal English grammar. 2014 is not this year. It is last year. If you had said "in the last year" then we would have known you meant the last 12 months.

You didn't say "about" unless you spelled it differently or used invisible text.

This is your quote.
Quote:
There are 16000 dead people this year though that aren't dead from cops. The cops are our defense against 16000 murdering thugs.

You might not be implying anything but you are certainly making a case for you not being very honest in defense of what you said.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 10:20 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
No I have not as yet seem the other video.

At least you're honest in that. It doesn't exist. The cops claimed a knife before the videos both surfaced. Neither video which overlap and show different hands show no weapon or threatening behavior.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 10:22 am
@parados,
I just love the way you are forcing tony to put a fine point on his argument. You've just about got it shaved down to the nothing it truly is. Beautiful work! I wish I had your patience.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 11:08 am
The inconvenient truth for tony, billrm, baldimo and Hawkeye!

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150904-scott-walker-blames-obama-for-disturbing-trend.jpg
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 12:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
t. It doesn't exist.

An you know this due to the majority of cops being cold blooded killers?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 04:48 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
An you know this due to the majority of cops being cold blooded killers?

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth?
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 06:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Actually that says bush did more work than Obama on that chart. Actually Bush dropped it over 100 deaths. Obama just kept a trend going... Slower than it was. Your chart makes George Bush look like a genius.
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 07:09 pm
@parados,
Alright. Have it your way. I apologize for not knowing the exact number of dead bodies in the last 12 months. I don't. I do know that its way above the small number of cop kills you guys keep whining about by a ton. Homicides are at least triple cop kills. Quadruple. Five times as much. Six times as much. No probably seven times as much. STOP ME IF I AM LYING. 8 times as much.
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 08:13 pm
@tony5732,
Lord the black on black killings in the one city of Chicago is in any given year is between 300 to 500!!!!!!!!!

Now since this anti-cops movement had gotten up stream and cops are pulling back in policing the black communities the black murder rate have started to sharply increase.