The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
People like me being killed? You mean white people?

No, I mean drag queens.

Of course I mean white people, there's a lot more innocent black people being killed than white's. I'm not saying you're racist, just that if you thought there was a chance you could be a victim of a miscarriage of justice you'd be less blithe. If you were black you wouldn't be quite so sanguine.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Abortion has got **** all to do with it. This is about killing a living breathing person, the facts of which are not open to discussion.

Your religious claptrap is not really an argument. And the fact that you still are getting so het up about Bible readings and abortion rights isn't really a sign that you're a more advanced society.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:49 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Abortion has got **** all to do with it.
Perhaps it's done in the USA after being before a jury or a judge?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
At the moment the mothers are tried in the media.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Abortion has got **** all to do with it. This is about killing a living breathing person, the facts of which are not open to discussion.

Your religious claptrap is not really an argument. And the fact that you still are getting so het up about Bible readings and abortion rights isn't really a sign that you're a more advanced society.

No, Izzy, it has to do with people claiming things as barbaric...simply because they say they are barbaric.

My argument was sound...and apparently compelling, because you are starting to lose it and do the swearing and ranting thing.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 04:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
No, killing people isn't barbaric just because people say it is.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No, killing people isn't barbaric just because people say it is.

Killing happens, Izzy. Fact is, we humans are a rather barbaric species.

I think putting a person in prison for life is MORE barbaric than simply ending the life.

Obviously you do not agree.

No need to get all worked up over it, though.
tony5732

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, unborn children don't even have a chance to be a good person in the situation that they are aborted. An aborted child could have been an Einstein or Elton John, or maybe the next world leader that actually does things right and pulls the world out of depression. Instead they are slain before they have a chance to look at the world. Criminals who deny other people the right to exist in peace by raping, stealing, murdering, etc have been privileged with life and made a choice to mess other people's lives up. How would it be right to deny a child of life, but wrong to condemn to death a fully grown individual DECIDING to cause misery?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Killing people is more barbaric than not killing people.
tony5732

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I completely agree life in prison would be more barbaric than death. The people who we are talking about have already handed out their own death penalty to innocent people. Personally I see the act of murder as an act of war on the human race. I know it is far fetched, but the first people I care about will always be the ones who are actually innocent. The last person I am worried about is the child rapist murder guy who decided upon himself that little kids lives are not precious. I am not really out for blood, I just really don't care what happens to those types of people. We could use less of them anyway so I think the solution should be whatever is cheapest, or whatever sends the best message to the next would be murderer.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:53 pm
Denver Cops Kill Teen, Order Witnesses Not to Record Aftermath
Denver police shot and killed a teenage girl Monday after claiming she was trying to run them over in a stolen car.

They also ordered her surviving friends not to record the aftermath. And although a did apparently record the aftermath, according to media reports, that video is nowhere to be found online.

But it supposedly shows police dragging Jessica Hernandez’s lifeless body out of the car, rolling her over on the ground and handcuffing her as her friends in the car exclaimed, “she’s dead.”The officer who feared for his life and opened fire was treated and released from a local hospital with a minor leg injury. Another officer also opened fire.

It was the third time in seven months that Denver police have shot at suspects they say were using cars as weapons.
Hernandez was either 16 or 17, according to news reports.

According to the Denver Post:

Brianna Diaz, whose house backs up to the alley where the shooting happened, said her 16-year-old sister was a passenger in the car.

Diaz said her mother ran out of the house after hearing the shots and was stopped by an officer who grabbed her and tried to calm her down. “My mom told me to start filming, but when I took out my phone, the cop was like, ‘Don’t you dare!’ ” she said.

<snip>

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/01/denver-cops-kill-teen-order-witnesses-not-record-aftermath
RABEL222

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Most of those examples ended with perhaps, possibly, might have been so arnt quite as definate as you pretend. Im sure there have been some deaths that were not justified which is why I believe that anyone who has been sentenced to death should have an impartial hearing of people not part of the state prosecutors office. They, state prosecutors, are only interested in enhancing their reputations, not in justice.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 10:01 pm
Woman armed with knife in critical condition after police shooting
Source: Omaha World Herald

By Alia Conley

Omaha police officers shot an armed woman in midtown Omaha on Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.

The woman, who was taken to the hospital in critical condition and was not immediately identified, was armed with a knife, officials said.

Deputy Chief Dave Baker said Tuesday evening that police are in the “initial stages of this investigation.”

A radio call for an assault in progress came out at 4:45 p.m. at 1702 S. 50th St. Two cruisers and four officers responded, Baker said. The officers confronted the woman.

FULL story at link.

CHRIS MACHIAN/THE WORLD-HERALD
Paramedics load a woman on a stretcher after a shooting at 1702 S. 50th St. on Tuesday, Jan. 27.

Read more: http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/woman-armed-with-knife-in-critical-condition-after-police-shooting/article_db3e8210-a680-11e4-8e1a-63da94a59da8.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 10:13 pm
Disability Advocates: Appeal Over S.F. Police Shooting Puts ADA at Risk

We will be having a rally at City Hall's North Light Court at 9 on Thursday morning to protest this.

http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2015/01/09/disability-advocates-appeal-over-s-f-police-shooting-puts-ada-at-risk

The ACLU and 42 other organizations are calling on the city of San Francisco to drop its appeal pending before the U.S. Supreme Court regarding a 2008 officer-involved shooting of a woman with a diagnosed mental illness.

The groups wrote an open letter (read below) to Mayor Ed Lee and City Attorney Dennis Herrera on Jan. 8. Each member of the Board of Supervisors received a copy, as did San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr and Police Commission President Suzy Loftus....

The holding that the ADA applies to arrests is law in the 9th Circuit, but Sheehan’s civil trial is on hold while the city’s appeal is before the Supreme Court. Oral arguments in the case are expected to be scheduled for late March or early April.

There are two questions before the Supreme Court: whether the ADA “requires law enforcement officers to provide accommodations to an armed, violent, and mentally ill suspect in the course of bringing the suspect into custody,” and whether the officers’ second entry into Sheehan’s apartment was unreasonable under the Forth (sic) Amendment “by reason of the anticipated resistance of an armed and violent suspect within.”
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 02:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Try to be consistent, earlier on you were getting all het up about a child rapist and how he deserved to die, and now you claim it's for humanitarian reasons. You know that's bloody nonsense.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 02:40 am
@RABEL222,
The flaws in your judicial system, which are different from the flaws in ours, are a separate issue, but I agree that politics really should stay away from justice, but that's the system you've got.

If you execute an innocent man you can never give it back. Even if someone is locked up for years they can still be released.

If we'd had capital punishment, the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham six would all have been executed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 03:44 am
@izzythepush,
Our justice system is wrought with human mistakes at all levels.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:36 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I am going to ask another dumb question, but are cops allowed to stop people from recording or filming now? What happens if they do after being told not to?
tony5732

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:57 am
@izzythepush,
No comment?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Killing people is more barbaric than not killing people.

Then why do people in pain often ask for death as an act of compassion?

You are stuck on simply asserting that capital punishment is barbaric.

It may be...but there is lots of barbarism among humans. We are, as I mentioned, a barbaric people.

And some of the alternatives (particularly the one most commonly suggested) are, in my opinion, even more barbaric than capital punishment.
0 Replies