Filmdom's Best Death Scenes

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 01:01 pm
While we are doing grizzley how about Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in Bonnie & Clyde.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 01:22 pm
How about Friday 13th (I II III IV V VI)
Since I don't watch these things, I don't know if he stayed dead at last or what.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 01:35 pm
At the time, "Bonnie and Clyde" was the most shockingly brutal death scene I believe ever committed to film. It had more to do with fate and a cut-out section of time suddenly thrust into a complacent reality even though most of us I'm sure knew the history.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 01:47 pm
The most horrifying death scene for me...ever...was when the Wermacht soldier slowly overpowers the GI in Pvt Ryan. Specially when the German soothes him before the inevitable.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 01:59 pm
I agree, Panzade, that that was a horrifying death scene. Not the worst, but quite disturbing.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 05:31 pm
How about the final scene in "The Wages of Sin" French subtitled, but I think it was remade scene-for-scene in English as "Sorcerer"

This guy (was it Jean-Paul Belmondo?) has just spent the whole movie driving a truck with nitroglycerin-sweating dynamite over a bad road through the mountains and survived (his buddies didn't), then, having delivered the dynamite safely and gotten his paycheck, accidentally drives off a cliff and dies anyway.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:29 pm
Love that movie, Equus and one of the most ironic death scenes ever.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 11:24 am
I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet:

The death of the protaganist (forgot his name) in the original "Night of the Living Dead".

I remember watching that flick for the first time as a teenager. The poor guy goes through hell and back to stay alive in that house for the entire night. FINALLY, the next day comes and he hears the police killing zombies outside the house.

"I'm SAVED!" he must have been thinking- Pokes his head out the window, and POW... right between the eyes. As if that didn't give me the chills enough, showing his body being tossed with the rest of the zombies during the credits affected me all the more.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 11:34 am
One of the most ironic death scenes for sure.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 11:50 am
When Bambi's mom got shot...that was pretty sad. I was about 8 when I saw that movie and I balled my eyes out. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mr. Green
0 Replies