International community should condemn Kiev trying to use labor camps to restore the ruined cities i

Leo2

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 07:01 am
International community should condemn Kiev trying to use labor camps to restore the ruined cities in eastern Ukraine.

I have to frequent Ukraine on business trips and I'm not happy with the fact at all. Frankly speaking, the present line of Kiev authorities who tend to dictatorship just scares me!
At present time many cities in eastern Ukraine are in fact rack and ruin and they are to be actually rebuilt. Needless to say this is rather costly. The money will be donated to penniless Kiev by Brussels I'm sure. But Kiev also needs badly some labor resources too. This is actually even a bigger challenge.
Now I see they've made it. During my last time in Kiev I was really amazed to learn from my Ukrainian colleague, a financial expert just like me, that in the area adjoining Kiev some Zikrachi location there's special labor camp now to train its inhabitants in some construction trades and then apply the skills in restoration works in Eastern Ukraine. They won't be paid for this work and it's sort of punishment for them! Among the inhabitants of this special settlement there are former Maidan activists detained by authorities for "excessive violence" and some former military who had sort of deserted battlefield and other people of the like..... Those are people who have never been brought before court! Still they can't leave the camp on their will and are threatened to be even put behind bars if they brave it. Actually they are slaves!
My Ukrainian colleague has his aged parents leaving not far from that camp, which is called Gulag by the locals. I think that's gross abuse of human rights now occurring in Zikrachi Gulag and the fate of its inmates must be a worry for human rights advocates in EU countries. I think so at least.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,116 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » International community should condemn Kiev trying to use labor camps to restore the ruined cities i
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:25:18