Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 10:00 am
Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

Ir David

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 01:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
I am quite delighted at seeing this much debated and evermore (in a sense this is regrettable and it shows that the mandate of certain advocators of equality still fails) relevant topic. And as far as Christians should be concerned: Jesus died in order that we are redeemed and that the original sin is forgiven. Muslims, I know of the Sharia and I know of the Recitations, but never did it imply nor advocate abusive behaviour, so this is directed to those Muslims that have a wrong interpretation of what the Recitations dictate: don't beat your wife, directing her is allowed, not much else, as far as I have read.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 02:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
This woman disagrees. You are hateful and stupid.
I will decide if I am a victim, thank you. You shut up and mind your own business.
momoends

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 10:46 pm
@Greatest I am,
thanks
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 11:51 am
@Greatest I am,
My view of you and your post. All crap. I would even bet you are a man and this is just the top of today's hate list.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 11:55 am
@Greatest I am,
By the way, Woman hate that paternalistic appeal to the MEN. As if women were stupid and incompetent.
Want to end the evil you supposedly complain about it: Support Freedom of Conscience as the UN asked for almost 70 years ago.

And stop harassing women who freely choose God as they are allowed

Article 18.

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
Source(s):
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

People like you are the scourge of women.
AugustineBrother

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:39 pm
@Greatest I am,
Hmmm, you telling others how to run their families.

There is domination. What the Hell does this really mean : First class citizens.

And you say 'God's curse against women" Wow, you don't have anybody you answer to. If I'd seen that before I would have foregone a reply. Yikes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:43 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures

This is the problem with your argument.

Do the words "civilized societies" and "enlightened societies" mean anything more than "my society"? Most people from Indigenous Americans, to Ancient Egyptians, to Rome under Caesar, to the Imperial Chinese have believed that their societies were civilized and enlightened. They all had views on women that you would find uncivilized (in fact, this is one of the excuses that the civilized and enlightened European colonizers used for wiping out indigenous cultures).

Our society is no different.

If you can provide a better explanation on why our society (of all the other societies) is the one that is enlightened, than this discussion would make a little more sense.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:53 pm
@Greatest I am,
I think women were victims in many cultures, and not necessarily based on religion.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 05:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
On what basis do you judge other cultures, Cicerone? You are comparing these other cultures to our culture... but doesn't that make you a little uncomfortable given our history of destroying other cultures?

0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 10:25 am
@Greatest I am,
Your post is very tyrannical and I am sure you don't realize it or care. But when someone acts as if I am in need of the Man from the Big House to rescue my poor stupid self, it just irritates me. Don't tell me what to do, rather help me to do what I think is in my best interest. You are not me.
momoends

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 07:56 pm
@AugustineBrother,
you are one of those women who helps discrimination perpetuate through the years
First: Gender discrimination is anybody´s business as it is racism or homophobia
Second: you cannot decide if you are a victim of discrimination or not; you can decide if you feel discriminated against´t or if you support the discriminatory believes you are the object of...
Third: people like you are the reason half of the world population is abused and subjugated to the other half..... despicable attitude
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 08:07 pm
@AugustineBrother,
he was not paternalistic at all

About Human Rights:
http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Women/WRGS/Pages/WRGSIndex.aspx

Nowadays, the 3 main Religions promote discriminatory believes and practices all over the world, whether you like to admit it or not

We will stop "harassing" (not that i think we do that at all) those women you talk about the day "believers" stop harassing homosexuals, abortion doctors and sexual active women
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 08:15 pm
@CVeigh,
just saying: "He for She"
you may no need to be rescued at all but, taking on account women situation all over the world, our "poor stupid selves" hand´t got anywhere so far.... I would stand for black people equality anywhere... would you see it reasonable if a black person had answered me the way you answered @Greatest I am....
That´s the reason of the problem: barking like we were Dobermans but biting like we were chihuahuas
maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 04:38 pm
@momoends,
This is nonsense. There is no comparison between the supposed hardships endured by White women and the real brutality faced by Black men and women. It is obscene for you to suggest such a thing

Black men and women were captured, tortured and sold into slavery by European men and women . White Women owned black men and black women and White women had the legal power of life and death over Black men women. White women directly ordered the death of many Black men and Black women.

Queen Isabella (from your country, Momoends) ordered the capture and enslavement of both Africans and Native Americans.

Is she really in need of defense?

In my country Black men were still by lynched as White women were fighting to the right to vote (and lynching was cheered by some White women).

Both of these were important causes, but to compare the two and suggest that White women haven't been privileged through every stage of our history is obscene.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 04:52 pm
@maxdancona,
True. White women also used black men for sex.

http://www.inquiriesjournal.com/articles/747/sexual-relations-between-elite-white-women-and-enslaved-men-in-the-antebellum-south-a-socio-historical-analysis
maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 05:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, Cicerone. Let's be completely clear. These White Women raped these Black men.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:21 am
@maxdancona,
Tell me where exactly a said white women?
For your infomation england claimed control over slave trade and banned spain from getting any money, they hired our ships and crews to take them through difficult seas to their final destination: USA. So stop talking bullshit you heard someone said they had heard that we were slave traders and the bad guys---- native american tribes were aniquilated by the english army and colonialist authorities being given infected blankets as a peace offering....
Cant believe you've been manipulating history to fit your prejudices.....you are all a lost cause.... You know nothing but wrong and innacurate western like tales and claims to know better about my country than myself......you deserve the respect you showed to my country and culture: none
maxdancona

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 07:24 am
@momoends,
Really Momoends?

You don't accept the brutal genocidal practices of the Spanish Conquistadors? They are well documented including slavery, killings rapes and feeding native Americans to the dogs (something that Spanish conquistadors wrote in their own diaries)

I accept that the English did the same. I am not arguing that my ancestors were any better than yours.

Spain and England both are responsible for barbaric acts including rape, murder and genocide. I could give you historical source documents where Spanish conquistadors admit (and even brag) about this.

It just so happens that during this time the political power of the Monarchy in Spain was in the hands of a woman. We can argue about just how evil Queen Isabella was. It is a historical fact that she received Native American Slaves who had been taken captive by the conquistadors. The point is that Isabella was not a victim here. It was the native American men and women who were being killed and enslaved with her support who were the victims.

High Strangeness

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 10:39 am
Greatest I am said- "Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time."
--------------------------------------------------

Christian women have ALWAYS been free and absolutely equal to men..Smile-

Paul said- "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28)
And he paid glowing tributes to women -"I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea..she has been a great help to many people, including me..
Greet Priscilla , my fellow worker in Christ Jesus, she risked her life for me.
Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you..
Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa and Persis, those women who work hard in the Lord.
Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.
Greet Julia.." (Romans ch 16)

0 Replies