Don't know the title

Nandon

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 11:27 am
I don't know the title. It's a car chase scene, possibly in the 1970s or 1980s. One of the camera angles points to the two detectives in a plain unmarked police car. At least one of the detectives is an american negro. They are both wearing suits and ties and (both) possibly hats. The most remarkable thing about this long car chase (possibly through the streets of San Francisco) is that the two detectives are totally deadpan throughout the car chase. The car being chased possibly crashes into a portable clothes rack with clothes on it? I know nothing else. I would dearly love to see the expressionless faces of those two detectives as they chase that car.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 715 • Replies: 7
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm
@Nandon,
Nandon wrote:
american negro.

Avoid that phrase, unless you wish to cause offence. "African-American" is what they say these days.

chai2

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 01:00 pm
@contrex,
I don't find any offense in that, if the OP doesn't realize that's not the usual words in America.

To the OP, were they famous actors?

Off the top of my head, I know that Mel Gibson and Danny Glover played in a series of movies together, called Lethal Weapon.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0134856451fd970c-pi

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 03:33 pm
In England we just call them 'blacks'..Wink
PS- Glover completely ruined Predator 2, Hollywood must have been nuts to cast him in the main part because it cost them loads at the box offices in America's deep south because thousands of people refused to pay to watch a film with a black star in it.
Same with Nutty Professor (Murphy) and Independence Day (Smith) etc.
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 03:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

because it cost them loads at the box offices in America's deep south because thousands of people refused to pay to watch a film with a black star in it.

That is such a crock of ****, I don't even know where to begin. I'm pretty sure you don't even know what/where the deep South is.

Present your evidence.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 03:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Hollywood must have been nuts to cast him in the main part because it cost them loads at the box offices in America's deep south because thousands of people refused to pay to watch a film with a black star in it.

Where do you come up with that nutty idea?

Have you not taken note the current US two time president is black?

Smith for one is a super star in and out of the deep south.
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 04:19 pm
@BillRM,
Well Bill, you know those black folks in the deep South don't have 2 nickles to slap together to go to them picture shows. I don't know of any white folks that like Will Smith. Rolling Eyes
BillRM

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 04:28 pm
@chai2,
It is amusing that these non-Americans can come up with such bullshit as if the nation was back in the 1950s.

But I will state that Morgan Freeman is more of a draw to me then Smith. I guess I am getting old.
0 Replies