Is my husband having an affair?

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:00 am
My husband (32) and I (30) have been together almost ten years, and married for two. Just about two weeks ago, we were getting ready to go away on vacation and the day before, he was taking our dogs to a family member... which was about an hour away. He had my sister's vehicle. Anyways, my father (who I haven't speaked to in almost two years) and my stepmother are saying they saw him that day driving, smoking a cigarette, one of our dogs in the window, and a blonde girl in the car who was leaning in towards him and they both were laughing. They had called my sister about it because they thought the girl was me (I'm blonde), and they were worried that our 4 month old nephew (my sister's son) was in the vehicle with him smoking (because I was watching him that day.) Needless to say though, I was not in the vehicle.

When I confronted my husband about it, he insisted that there was absolutely no one else in the vehicle besides him and the dogs. He looked me straight in the eye several times and told me this, then kept trying to go over time frames with me to reassure me. I asked him if he would be willing to take a lie detector test and again he looked me straight in the eye and said, "I absolutely would. And then when you see I am not lying, you can thank your father for trying to ruin our lives."

Anyways, I have analyzed everything. He never comes home late from work, barely ever goes anywhere without me, and there are no other signs that I can see or have come across to make this accusation out to be true. I thought back on that day to the time frame from when he left and to when he got back, and honestly, I am not seeing where there was time for him to be hanging out with anyone. For the few hours he was gone, I actually was on the phone with him a couple times... one time being for almost a half hour. So really I am just baffled. My father can be a troublemaker when he wants to be so if it were just him saying this, I probably would have brushed it off. But what's getting to me is my stepmother. Part of me just does not see her lying if it weren't true. She doesn't always agree with my father and will say if he's exaggerating. But with this, she swearing on people's lives that this is what they both saw and she said she has absolutely no reason to lie to me.

So, at this point, I don't know what to think or do. My husband and I have been trying to conceive and we were also looking into buying our first home within the near future. Now I feel we are set back and I don't know where to go with this. I don't want to throw our marriage away if he is telling me the truth. If he isn't, then we have obviously have a lot to figure out.

Any advice or opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:42 am
@alee1212,
Sounds like your father is trying to mess things up and your stepmother for some weird reason thinks he's telling the truth.

Is your husband having an affair? What you have are incredibly flimsy unsubstantiated 'observations' from someone with a known agenda. Unless something else comes up, I'm thinking there's no reason to believe this crap - and maybe speak with your father and try to figure out why the **** he'd want to destroy your marriage.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:43 am
@alee1212,
Amazing that after ten years you have such little faith in your husband and if I was him instead of starting a family with you I would be thinking of filing for a divorce.

Hell once more if I was him I would feel so insulted I would indeed take a lie detector test and then hand you the results along with divorce papers.
alee1212

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:18 pm
@BillRM,
I'm going to add that back in the beginning of our relationship before we were married, my husband wasn't always faithful to me. However, over the years, I felt he changed and matured... which allowed me trust again. Then, we married and I haven't had any reason to doubt him until this happened.
vikorr

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:46 pm
@alee1212,
There's a rather old saying 'There are plenty of people who've never cheated, but none who have only cheated once'
alee1212

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:05 pm
@vikorr,
I don't agree with that. I don't think all cheaters stay cheaters. I do believe there are people who make mistakes and can change. But I'm not saying that's everyone. Which is why I am left in uncertainty at the moment and wasn't sure what to believe.
BillRM

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:29 pm
@alee1212,
As I said if you do not trust him either he or you should file for divorce.

Something that happen ten years ago before when the relationship was new without any indication that he had cheated since, before you father had put the bug into your ears, is without merit as far as today is concern.

An if not then you should not had married him.

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:08 pm
@alee1212,
I would point out that your own story actually agrees with the saying
Quote:
my husband wasn't always faithful to me.
That's not 'my husband cheated on me once' - the inference is multiple times, as per the saying.

Perhaps what you disagree with - is some of the inferences of the saying as applies to your relationship, or as applies to your husband at this moment.
0 Replies

nastinka

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 12:25 am
@alee1212,
For 10 years u still don't trust your husband? Why dd u get married then? U haven't spoken to ur father since u got married but u wanna believe a single phone call he made against your hubby so u ruin what u have?!

And what would u take your husband for if he were to undergo a lie detector test and pass it? Wld u say "honey am sorry my father was out of line?".
0 Replies