Do I audition even if it includes nudity?

stacylovesart

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:10 am
@stacylovesart,
Hey, given the body check, any advice on how to dress? I'm thinking something that looks a little sexy but not too sexy (more modest and nice) yet is also easy to strip off (don't want to make the body check more awkward). Maybe like a sundress with a front close bra or something like that? Easy on, easy off?

Any advice?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:14 am
Stacy, many actors and actresses turn down film and TV roles all the time for various reasons such as they don't like the script or the storyline, so you can turn this one down for any reason, you don't HAVE to do it, the decision's yours alone, nobody owns you..Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:22 am
@stacylovesart,
stacylovesart wrote:

3) i was really joking about the boobs Wink

Then I refer you to Chai's comments:

http://able2know.org/topic/251112-1#post-5734258

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:26 am
@stacylovesart,
U shud do what's best for your career.
I doubt that actresses are losing roles because of prior nudity.

Think of how u 'd feel if clothes had never been invented.

I believe that your emotional discomfort will be over within a few seconds.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 11:31 am
@stacylovesart,
I hope you'll let us know how the body check portion of your audition went.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 11:55 am
@stacylovesart,
No advice, except what you are already thinking, nothing complicated - complicated could turn comedic, which might hold possibilities for other movies or give the screenwriter ideas..

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 02:58 pm
@ossobuco,
I guess I'll add, remove, drop or drop to a place, sans drama.
(Now I'm curious. They will probably tell you.)
0 Replies

stacylovesart

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:05 am
@firefly,
It was awkward at first, but I think I did really well. The most awkward part was I thought there would be more warning like "ok thanks for the audition we'll call you back in in a couple of minutes for the body check" or something like that. Instead, it was like middle of the audition/interview, they're like, "ok you can go ahead and disrobe now for the body check" So it caught me offguard. And I was scared at first, but once your nude you kind of adjust (even if you are still scared to deat). I managed to not look as scared as I was and I think I did pretty well. Apparently they are going to offer the part to a "known" actress for not a lot of money,and if she doesn't take it (their instinct is she won't) I'm their "close second" choice. So keep your fingers crossed!!!
jespah

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:16 am
@stacylovesart,
Best of luck to you!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:17 am
Good luck, Stacy.

Like I said earlier...it is a tough business.
0 Replies

stacylovesart

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:18 am
@jespah,
Thank you (and to everyone else!) The advice on here was oddly really helpful. Allowed me to get my head around it all before I had to, you know, unhook my bra and drop my panties and stand there naked talking to strangers like it ain't no thing lol

I'll let everyone know if I get the part.
firefly

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
@stacylovesart,
Fingers crossed for you! Hope you get the part!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:28 am
@stacylovesart,
This is great, it's a win-win. Even if the other actress accepts the part, these people will remember you. And if you get the part, they certainly will! And so will your agent, either way.. I'm grinning just reading this.
0 Replies

stacylovesart

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:46 pm
@stacylovesart,
I did realize it was ironic when, later the same day, I was standing nude in the shower at my gym surrounded by more people than were at the audition. I kept asking myself, what's so different? Sure, at the gym they are all women, but its not like the men at the audition are doing anything unprofessional (quite the contrary, they are looking to make a professional decision). Then it hit me. At the gym I'm not the ONLY one nude and not everyone is STARING at me lol

But I do think that getting over that, or at least getting over it enough to "fake it" was a big step for me, and something that was important for me as an actress---not just for nudity. Even if I don't get this part and never end up taking a nude part, the ability to conquer fears or, more importantly, ACT like you aren't afraid, should be helpful to me for the rest of my career.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 01:22 pm
@stacylovesart,
stacylovesart wrote:
. . . And I was scared at first, but once your nude
you kind of adjust (even if you are still scared to deat). . . .
I suspected that it 'd be like jumping into a cool pool,
insofar as your emotional adjustment to nudity. Yes ?

I wish u the best of GOOD LUCK!

( I don t wanna say: "break a leg.")

In my childhood, I overcame a mild sense of disquiet
by arming myself with a .38 revolver, but that did not seem
to be ideally applicable to your designated circumstances of angst, so I did not recommend it

David
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 01:30 pm
@stacylovesart,
stacylovesart wrote:

I did realize it was ironic when, later the same day, I was standing nude in the shower at my gym surrounded by more people than were at the audition. I kept asking myself, what's so different? Sure, at the gym they are all women, but its not like the men at the audition are doing anything unprofessional (quite the contrary, they are looking to make a professional decision). Then it hit me. At the gym I'm not the ONLY one nude and not everyone is STARING at me lol

But I do think that getting over that, or at least getting over it enough to "fake it" was a big step for me, and something that was important for me as an actress---not just for nudity. Even if I don't get this part and never end up taking a nude part, the ability to conquer fears or, more importantly, ACT like you aren't afraid, should be helpful to me for the rest of my career.

Yup...you were acting...and almost certainly, they knew that. They knew you were going to be acting.

My guess is they were just as interesting in your acting as your body.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 01:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's insightful, Frank.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 01:57 pm
@ossobuco,
I meant, not re fem fatale, not knowing if that fit the more simple situation and doubting that, but control of the space.
0 Replies

freyanudist

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:43 pm
@stacylovesart,
good lucy
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:27 am
I want to see you acting.

May you please post one of the commercials where you act?
0 Replies