Menstrual in general has been weird?

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 04:15 pm
This whole ordeal started in the end of May on my regular schedule. My period was heavier than usual on the second day, I am pretty sure I soaked through my pad in an hour or two. Any ways I didn't really think about it after until around the 9th of June when I started to experience spotting that lasted for a week and a half. I did go to my doctor and she checked everything, I even did a urine test. She didn't find anything abnormal and told me that she was not going to check for cancer because I am a virgin and not sexually active. My cycle in June did come late, it came on the 4th of July, but I just blamed it on the earlier incident. Everything was normal. Then on July 27th I began to experience what I call a period again. This whole week my period was lighter than usual and it is scaring me. I usually get cramps or experience mood swings but this time there is nothing; I feel like I am not even on my period. The bleeding early on was not as light as spotting so it is not the same thing that happened in June. Now though, being it the 5th and last day of my cycle (usually), I am experiencing bleeding that it there when I wipe but does not go on my pad so its almost like spotting with bloody discharge. I am really confused and I don't know what to do or if this is even normal? I am not experiencing any pain anywhere.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

luismtzzz

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:06 pm
@angelmia,
What you are experiencing could be normal.

Human females have a biological clock on their brain that controls the peiodical secretion of females hormones. It is a biological machine so is error prone. Also there are countless of factors that can affect the regularity of your menstruation. Exercise, stress, malnourishment, anorexia, medical drugs, weigth gain, etc... A few diseases could be the cause, but you are too young and virgin, so many can be ruled out.

Or it could be simply a psysiological failure (actually the most common cause). In this case exams are performed and everything if simply perfect, there is no plausible explanation, the patient is asked to wait, and her periods eventually resume as they normally did.

So the best you can do is simply return to your Gynecologist or to your trustworthy physician.

Do not be afraid and do an appointment.
Romeo Fabulini

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:10 pm
Get a second opinion from a doctor in case the first one goofed.
In fact get a third opinion too for good measure.
And don't forget to look up stuff on the internet, it's the best doctor in town..Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:25 pm
@angelmia,
How old are you, if I may ask? Women can become perimenopausal in their thirties, and that can create a weird, irregular period in terms of timing and flow.
angelmia

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:48 pm
@jespah,
yes you may ask Smile I am 17 but will be 18 in 3 months so I don't think I am experiencing that
jespah

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 06:40 pm
@angelmia,
No, you wouldn't be. It's waaaayyyy too early. So, time to call your OB-GYN and find out what's happening.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:53 pm
@angelmia,
Your doctor should check your hormone levels and she should check for cancer. It is unusual but not unheard of for a virgin to have cancerous reproductive organs. It sounds like your hormones are out of balance.

Are you a vegetarian by any chance?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:01 pm
@luismtzzz,
Best answer!
0 Replies