I can't run away from things that broke me

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 05:22 pm
Where to begin...

first, i apologize if this is terribly long.

Well, I'll start off with the fact that pretty much ever since I was born I felt left out and alone. My mother was a teen mother and didn't want me but, my grandmother is the one who took care of me as a child till I was about 8. My mother and I were never close and even now, we have had physical encounters and emotional as well. Going back to the story, around that time, my brother was born who has a different father which made me feel even more out of place. My brother who has both parents and biological sides of his family, and me, barely knowing my fathers side or my father. From the age of 14-16 , I would start cutting myself because I felt very left out. Taking family photos was never fun for me because I even looked left out physically. But in 2010, I started feeling okay because I had gotten a job and a boyfriend. (So I thought it was okay). From 2010-2012, I dated this boy and everything was great. He even gave me a promise ring but, then we started falling apart the beginning of 2013 and till I would say June 2013, we were on and off. It was a crazy relationship towards the end a lot of emotional abuse and cursing. From 2012-the end of 2013, I started to smoke weed to forget about everything and thankfully, I had my best friend of 4 years by my side the whole time. Later in 2013, my best friend and I had our first argument and everything became crashing down again. I never had that many friends to begin with, through high school, I had gained friends but she's the only one that had stuck with me. I became emotionally fucked up. I lost my best friend and my first love. I honestly don't know what to do I tried to talk to her a million times but I gave up on that. I cannot get over my past relationship nor not having anyone there to talk about anything with. I have a new boyfriend now after 2 years of getting over the first but, it's like I don't know how to act. It's like he's suffering from my past relationship and that's unfair to him but, I really like him. Sometimes I feel like I'm so bipolar. I get mad or sad thinking about my past or stupid things, sometimes even nothing. I will literally just want to kill myself. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I feel alone, left out, I can't forget the past and move forward. It's so hard and I can't seem to show the people I care about that I do anymore. I'm so scared of the past repeating itself and I just like to sit in my room and contemplate or smoke a cigarette. (I quit weed 7 months ago). It's like I need a stress reliever and It's not like I even have a hobby or anyone to hang out with. The only escape I really have is school but sometimes I don't even want to be there with the professors. I just feel hopeless and like no one would even care if i left this world..

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 05:56 pm
@tiffaanyt,
I have a few suggestions.

One is to ask to see your doctor. There are treatments for bipolar disorder. I can't promise that they all work or work perfectly, but it's a step in the right direction.

Another thing I can suggest is that you start small, basic exercising. As in, walk a quarter mile, let's say. For most people who aren't used to walking, that takes, no lie, about 15 minutes. Nice and slow. Stop and smell the roses. That sort of thing. This isn't meant to be a run or a power walk. And of course go where/when it's safe. But just ... get out there. Exercise is a stress reliever and it gets you out among people. It's also a way to help clear your head.

But the main thing I hope is that you get some help. Ending it all is a permanent solution to what generally turns out to be a temporary problem. There are people out there who care about you.

Hang in there.
tiffaanyt

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:04 pm
@jespah,
@jespah I agree that I need to see a doctor. I have tried to exercise but honestly, it doesn't work. I will just stop sooner or later and find myself in my bed. I just lay in my bed or stay in my room dwelling for months and I can't seem to move forward knowing my past might repeat itself. It's hard for myself to trust anyone with anything.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 07:57 pm
Hey Tiffaanyt you're still only a kid so just ride it out til you get a bit older and tougher and you'll be able to take control of your life better.
I had a terrible childhood in some ways but when I got to about 18 I GOT MAD and thought "I ain't going to take **** any more!", and from that second on, I've felt great and done my own thing.Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:10 pm
You are recognizing that you have mood swings. That's a good sign.

You also don't want to feel that way. That's a good sign.

Get some help. You don't have to feel this way. There is help out there.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:52 pm
@tiffaanyt,
Borderline personality disorder... Sure you've heard that before. Read about it. You fit in. Get help...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:03 pm
@tiffaanyt,
Is it still light out today?

Could you go for a 5 or 10 minute walk and then check back in with us?

If it's already dark, can you go for a short walk tomorrow and then check back in here?

____

Might as well start eh - it's hard to break the spiral down, but you have to start and I think by posting here you sent a message that you want to stop that downward spiral.

( and welcome to able2know Smile )
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 04:17 am
@tiffaanyt,
Sorry I didn't respond (topics can sometimes get a little lost in the shuffle). I like ehBeth's idea. A few minutes, honestly. Just start a new habit. Make it important. The way I often do it is, I tell myself, "there are no close parking spots". Never mind if there are a thousand. I just park farther away, and walk, because if there really weren't any close spots, I'd be walking anyway. You can do more or less this same trick even if you don't drive, e. g. tell yourself, "I can't get a ride to ___". And so you'll "have to" take a bike or walk.

It doesn't have to be perfect. But it's a good habit to get and stay in, no matter how you're feeling. Let us know how you're doing, okay?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 04:25 pm
@tiffaanyt,
Hi tiffaanyt - hope you were able to get out for a short walk today.

Even if not - let us know eh.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 04:45 pm
It sounds crazy to you right now, I'm sure, but many of us have experienced severe depression. Bone crushing, I'd-really-prefer-to-die-right-now depression.

I've worked with people who were suicidal, who felt out of place in the world - like their survival of birth was some ******* cruel mistake.

The truth is for them and a lot of other people - unfair crap happened to them - and once they realized that, and started to be helpful to themselves, they felt a hell of a lot better, started to be able to love themselves, and kick off happy lives.

I'm listening to you. Based on my experiences, I'm thinking you were faced with nature AND nurture events that led to the depressive feelings you have now.

I promise you - you can feel happy and whole and strong and you can feel a sense of belonging. You do have to take a couple of actions and be consistent about it for at least a while - but it's so much better than dying alone, unfulfilled, or languishing in bed, burning off possibility.

Let me know if you want to hear how to beat this unfair bullshit. I'll be happy to tell you how.

One other bit of good news for you: People who are dragged this low early in life are often later the most together, grateful people in existence. You have something very rich to look forward to. Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 05:02 pm
@tiffaanyt,
Oh ttiffany, your post really touched me.
You have something going for you which is priceless: the ability to be honest with yourself.
With it you can overcome your past.
Quote:
I'm so scared of the past repeating itself

It won't if you take charge of your life.
I know. I've been there.
Stay with us and talk.
Germlat

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 05:33 pm
@panzade,
Wow...you're sweet...don't mean it condescendingly either...
0 Replies